"I'm going to throw these away. We will get you brand new ones."

I nodded as we continued our trek further into the house. The walls were a pure white and had bits of decorations here and there. We turned into a room at the end of the hall.

It directly led to the kitchen.

And cue my jaw drop.

❀♡❀

The kitchen was magnificently huge. It was bigger than my old apartment, that's for sure. The floors had white tiles and the walls were white, but the cabinets lining the walls were black. The tabletops matched the cabinets. The stove, sink, dishwasher, etc. were black with accents of silver. They had two gigantic smart refrigerators installed next to each other. Both were obviously black and had gold handle bars. There was a huge island in the middle of the kitchen that had a black surface with geometric silver accents. Gold colored stools were placed around it. Everything was clean and clear. It once again shouted 'wealthy'.

Across the room was a large black dining table with seven black chairs cushioned by soft white seat pillows. A chandelier hung above it and brought an air of elegance. The chandelier lights weren't turned on so it was dim in the area.

Jin's chuckle broke me out of my trance as he commented, "I told you to keep your mouth shut silly. You guys can go sit near the island while I prepare dinner. I already pre-made lasagna."

"Lasagna? Yes!" Jungkook cheered as he took a seat. The others followed and Taehyung sat last. He set me down on the seat next to him before pulling the seat closer to him and away from Namjoon.

Namjoon let out a low warning growl as he said, "Don't be selfish now Taehyung." Namjoon grabbed the seat and set it back to the original spot.

Taehyung pouted before nodding in submission.

"Anyway, what's your favorite food my angel?" Hoseok asked. Pet names already?

"Well, I guess my grandmother's macaroni and cheese was pretty good."

"Was?"

"Well, yes. She's gone now." I looked down after my words and I could tell the guys' tensed up.

"I'm sorry to have asked that."

"Nah. It's okay. I miss her, but she's not coming back." I glide my fingers across the smooth table surface as I try my best to hold the nonchalant tone. It hurts to be reminded that she's gone.

"Well, we won't leave you. Promise." I tilted my head up to face Namjoon.

"She promised that too."

"Well, we won't ever go back on our word. She technically didn't either. She stayed as long as she could. She didn't leave you, she just couldn't stay with you."

"Isn't that technically the same thing."

"Technically yes, but the intention no."

I stayed silent as I felt a spread of warmth on my cheeks by his sincerity. I couldn't counter that, nor comprehend how much meaning he put in his words.

"So, you're a dear." Jin swiftly changed the subject as he leaned on the table next to me. I was glad for the interruption but confused by the question.

"A dear? What is a dear?"

We blankly stared at each other for a few moments before I realized I'm dumb.

"Oh! A deer! As in my hybrid. Ah yes, I am." I sheepishly grinned to cover up my misunderstanding.

"How are you so adorable." Hoseok spoke up.