S01E01 - Fall in Line

Start from the beginning

JAMES
Before I ask why you were late, do you need to go to the nurse?

ATHENA
No, I'm really fine. I just got back from taking a kid to the nurse.

JAMES
Do you have a nurse's note?

Athena hands him a slip of paper. He inspects it thoroughly.

JAMES
Alright, sit down.

ATHENA
Thank you.

Athena sits down next to Chrissie.

CHRISSIE
You hit your head pretty hard. Are you sure you're okay?

ATHENA
I'm completely fine. I'm Athena. Like the Greek goddess.

CHRISSIE
I'm Christina. Like Christina Aguilera. But that's not who I was named after. People usually just call me Chrissie for short.

ATHENA
Nice to meet you, Chrissie.

CHRISSIE
You too, Greek Goddess.

INT. DANCE ROOM - DAY

PETER
Alright, everyone, make way, I have arrived.

Peter shoves a girl out of the way as he walks into the dance room. She looks honored to have been shoved by him.

PETER (CONFESSIONAL)
I'm way more experienced than everyone here if we're being completely honest. I've studied at several prestigious art schools across the world. Everyone probably loves and respects me. I deserve it. I think everyone here should just quit. They have no chance against me, especially since I am in all of the courses. That's right. I'm a singer, dancer, producer, actor, artist--

CUT AWAY from Peter's confessional. The dance teacher walks into the classroom.

MS. MARCY
Everyone, take place at the barre.

Everyone runs to the barre. They all assume first position. Peter pulls Lexie away from the front of the barre.

PETER
Move, I belong at the front of the barre.

Lexie scoffs and walks to another spot.

LEXIE (CONFESSIONAL)
Did that sophomore just take my spot on the barre? I've been at that same spot since I was a sophomore. I won't let him ruin my dance experience in my senior year.

MS. MARCY
We will have a project next week where you will all be assigned partners. It will be to create a dance to express a child's fairy tale. That won't be until next week though, so don't fret just yet. Second position!

INT. VISUAL ARTS ROOM - DAY

Markus runs into class. As he runs in, he trips over an easel leg and falls on top of JC's desk, knocking over his canvas.

JC
Agh! What the hell?

MARKUS
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

Markus gets up and walks to the front of the class.

MS. JEFFERSON
I can tell you're going to be fun.

MARKUS
Ms. Jefferson, I'm so sorry. Um, I have a nurse's note. I was late because I broke my nose.

MS. JEFFERSON
We haven't even made it past the first period, and you have already destroyed school property and broken yourself twice?