Whatever It Takes | Anakin Skywalker

• okay guys finally a chapter that ISN'T clone wars anakin so here

———————

Everything was going wrong.

Mace Windu was dead, the younglings slaughtered, Obi-Wan and Yoda missing. And Anakin, your Anakin, seemed to be at the center of all of it. He had came to you a few hours prior, ordering you to stay away from the temple that night and to not go near it no matter what you heard or saw. You were reluctant to agree, but after seeing the look in his eyes that screamed to trust him, you did and stayed across the city in your apartment. You were hardly ever there anyway, your main quarters were at the Temple and only ever came to the small apartment on the weekends or when you and Anakin wanted to have some alone time after a mission. But the side home served a different purpose tonight, it served as a safe haven where Anakin knew you wouldn't be in harm's way. Even now, as you sat on the balcony and watched as the smoke rose from the Temple in the distance, your stomach turned as you recalled your conversation with Anakin earlier. He couldn't be responsible for this, could he? Anakin was good, he couldn't have given himself to the Dark Side, not without reason. Obi-Wan's voice rang through your jumbled thoughts, remembering the conversation you had shared about an hour after Anakin had left.

Y/N, Anakin has fallen to the Dark Side.

I know how much this hurts, believe me, but he was behind the attack on the Temple.

He's dangerous.

He's not in his right mind, I want to help him.

Please, Y/N.

Where has he gone?

If Obi-Wan thought he had fallen, you trusted him as much as you trusted Anakin, right now you weren't sure whether to trust him or not. You would always love him, of course, but something drastic had to have happened to make him give up the light and embrace the Dark Side. Your thumb ran over the small metal object grasped between your fingers, forearms draped over the railing of the balcony as the moonlight bathed the landscape in its rich glow. Your eyes scanned the horizon, the bustling city of Coruscant and the bright lights of buildings, the multitude of speeders cutting through the air even this late at night. You sighed, moving your eyes to look down at the communicator in your palm. The cool metal contrasted against your warm skin, but you paid no mind as your thoughts ran wild. Anakin had given you the coordinates to Mustafar where he was to be stationed or in hiding, however he had explained it so quickly earlier before he left. You didn't really pay any attention, too preoccupied with the news you so desperately tried sharing with him, but he talked too fast and interrupted you when you tried to get a word in.

Your lips pursed as you stared at the communicator, the small object calling out to you and begging you to go to Mustafar with Anakin and get to the bottom of why he did what he did. So, you packed a bag, grabbed a cloak and threw your hood up to conceal your face, clipped your light saber to your belt, and made your way to your ship docked in the landing hangar. You boarded the medium size vessel and input the coordinates in the navigation system, the orange and red planet appearing before you in a hologram as you confirmed your destination. You maneuvered out of the hangar and angled up to the sky, when you were high enough you went into hyperspace and sat back in your seat. You occupied yourself and kept your mind busy on the journey over, mainly sitting in the pilot's seat and thinking of everything that had changed in the past few hours and everything that was going to change when you saw Anakin. You could only hope that he would be happy to see you, that he was still your Anakin and that the Dark Side hadn't changed the best parts about him.

The ship shook as you fell out of hyperspace and the fiery planet sat before your view port window, you flew the ship into the atmosphere and towards the coordinates, docking on the landing pad of what looked to be a giant building of some sort. You turned the ship off but hesitated to go out, standing and adjusting your clothing as you abandoned your cloak and were left in your normal tan robes. You wasted no time to head out of the cockpit and down to the exit, the ramp extending out with a hiss as fog clouded up around the entrance. You stepped down the ramp to see a dark figure about 10 feet away, the dark robes and long, curly hair being instantly recognized in your mind. "Anakin." You breathed, smiling nonetheless at seeing he was alright and rushing forward. He met you halfway as you wrapped your arms around his neck and his around your waist tightly, inhaling deeply when he buried his head in your hair. "Y/N, you made it." His voice was muffled by your hair but you heard him, your hands rubbing his shoulder blades as the scent that could only be described as being Anakin wafted into your nose. "I wasn't sure if I should come or not, but here I am." You chuckled, half kidding and half not as he pulled back enough to keep you at arms length.