twenty-one

a song written easily
chapter twenty-one - a song written easily

It has been months since the ONEUS boys returned from Gaia. It hasn't been a smooth journey for the boys at all. All they could think about were the TO HEART girls. Before leaving Gaia, the boys had exchanged their rings with the girls. So now back on Earth, the boys would constantly look at their rings. The girls also did the same in Gaia.

2020 had just arrived and the boys went to the places they usually went to with the girls. Ravn went to the Han River. Seoho went to Myeongdong. Leedo went to Hongdae. Keonhee went to Han River as well. Hwanwoong went to the cafe near the RBW building while Xion went to the alleyway where the crack was at. They missed the girls so much. Unknowingly, the girls had also done the same in Gaia.

The twelve of them stared into the night sky as they sent silent messages to each other. Seoho sat by the steps of an empty building in Hongdae and started singing.

"I know you're somewhere out there, somewhere far away. I want you back. I want you back. My neighbors think I'm crazy but they don't understand. You're all I had. You're all I had. At night when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself. Talking to the moon, trying to get to you. In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too. Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon."

What had happened between them was something called forbidden love. The twelve of them had discovered something that was never meant to be, something that hasn't happened for thousands of years. They were sparking something new that no one could comprehend.

Though Director Hwang was still mad at the ONEUS boys for disappearing back in 2019, he had decided to prepare for ONEUS' comeback. While writing the title track, Ravn had gathered the boys. "Y'all can do it right?" Ravn had asked the boys to write lyrics, messages to the girls so that he could include it in the lyrics for the title track.

This process went on for a month and finally they were done. By then, it was already March. The boys were now practicing the choreography and all the little details. The title track music video had already been shot. The boys specifically chose a location in New Zealand that resembled Regulus to shoot their music video.

"Hyung can we really?" "Yes we are going to..."

𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐔𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐌𝐕 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊, 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐘

The lyrics of "A Song Written Easily" talk about how much the boys miss the girls. They included messages for the girls, last words that they wished they had a chance to tell the girls.

The boys never realised it in time but the girls had actually meant a lot to them. Though the time spent together was short, they were like their other halves. They took the girls for granted that now that they were without them, they felt lost.

Hwanwoong and Leedo talked about this the other day. He misses Jiwon as much as Leedo misses Sihyeon. Or even more actually. Everyone knew that Hwanwoong and Jiwon were extra close to each other, they were possibly the closest pair among both groups.

Ravn suddenly called for a group meeting and the boys all gathered in the living room. "We're going back to Gaia to find TO HEART."

The boys' eyes widened and stared at Ravn in disbelief. Were they really going to disappear again? And this time when they had JUST STARTED COMEBACK PROMOTIONS!? "Dongju ah can you go call ONEWE up?" Xion ran out of the door and went towards ONEWE's dorm.

Soon the ONEWE members came and they all sat in the living room together again. "Youngjo are you crazy!? Director Hwang is still mad at you guys for disappearing like that last time! And you want to do it again!?" Yonghoon held Ravn by the shoulders and shook him repeatedly. Ravn explained that he wanted to ask Jihyeon or Chaeryeong for help to see if they had any ideas before actually going to Gaia. He wasn't even sure if they could even go to Regulus let alone Gaia.

"Ughh fine but please go and COME BACK QUICK! I can't cover for you this time" Yonghoon hyung was visibly worried. Leedo kinda worried for him. As the oldest, he had promised to take care of the boys especially of Xion, Dongmyeong and CyA and that on it's own is a huge responsibility.

Just as the ONEUS boys were going to leave our house to try to find Jihyeon and Chaeryeong, they opened the door to see both Chaeryeong and Jihyeon standing in front of them. "NO! You boys are not going back to Gaia! I made that mistake once and I can't make the same mistake again!" Jihyeon and Chaeryeong charged into ONEUS' dorm and sat on the sofa. The ONEUS boys rushed in front of them and sat down.

"Then is there a way we can talk to them? At least once last time... Please...." Seoho looked at Jihyeon with tears in his eyes. "Fine... There's one way. Regulus not only connects Gaia and Earth but can also be used to contact anyone from both worlds. If you're lucky enough to chance upon the star : 야행성 (yahaengseong), you can send a message to them." Seoho started tearing up. They had a chance! It was possible!

"Wait but how does time work in Regulus? Is it the same as Earth?" Hwanwoong asked a good question, the boys couldn't afford to waste time and get caught again. "5 days in Regulus is 1 normal day in Gaia and Earth." Chaeryeong explained that she'd watch the situation for us while we wait for the 야행성 (yahaengseong) star.

The boys quickly packed some stuff and followed Jihyeon into Regulus. It looked just like they remembered. An island paradise. She led them to this small simple but elegant house where she said they could stay in while they worked on how to contact the girls.

"I was thinking, let's perform A Song Written Easily. The lyrics already have everything we want them to know. It's honestly one of the fastest ways to do this."