Acknowledgements & Author's Notes

Holy shit, guys, we did it. It's finally done. I can't believe it's really over. I started I'll See You When I Fall Asleep in 2017 during Graduate School when my best friend challenged us both to write 5 chapters in a story. I wrote mine and decided to keep writing. For a short while he worked with me on the story and then eventually it took off and became what it was.

So first: a big, HUGE thank you to Kurt, who appears as Adam in the story. Thank you for still being my best friend, despite countless failed attempts at dating in high school and college. Thanks for sticking around long enough for me to finally figuring out why it wouldn't work out between us and encouraging me to continue writing for three years.

A second big thank you to my fiancée, Amber, for letting me bounce ideas off of you late into the night, checking my French when I asked, and supporting me through writer's blocks, frustrations, and decisions of where to take the plot. I literally could not have done this without you.

And finally, a HUGE thank you to you readers. Seeing you guys read my new chapters, leaving comments, and constantly encouraging me by your kind words and asking for new updates kept me accountable and really helped me to finish this book. Seriously, I wouldn't have finished this without you guys. You rock!

I plan to spend the next year (or however long it takes) editing this story. It is the first draft, and hopefully with a bit of luck, I can get this published one day. So that's going to be a lot of effort of cleaning up the plot, correcting all my mistakes in French, and making this publishable. One thing I know I will be changing is Virgo's name. I'm sorry if any of you got really attached to it, but it's just not a French name at all and when I began writing the story, Virgo wasn't French. She became French after I met Amber, but that wasn't until a couple months into writing the story, so her name just doesn't make sense.

So! If you have any suggestions for French names that you'd like to offer, comment here or send me a message. I'm leaning toward the name Margot (which sounds similar), so let me know what you think about that.

So for now, this is where Virgo and Cammie's story ends. As of right now, I have no plans to write a sequel. I do, however, plan to continue writing about Virgo and Cammie's relationship. I don't know what the plot would be for a sequel, but I do know that there is a ton of work that goes into a successful relationship: from finances, to learning to live together, to planning a wedding, to family drama. I would really like to explore that and explore what Cammie and Virgo's life is like after the engagement. So, with that being said, I do want to write a compilation of random scenes happening in their lives. I have no idea when I'm going to write one or when I'm going to publish one. I think that whenever inspiration hits, I'll write a one-shot chapter and I'll publish it as a collection of short stories about their lives after I'll See You When I Fall Asleep ends. I have no idea when that will be, but stay tuned for that.

Meanwhile, I am working on two different stories. I'll publish them when I have the first 10 chapters done, but it'll take a little while for me to get started on another story again. So for now, thank you so much for supporting me, and I can't wait to see what the next adventures hold.

Until next time!

-Southern_Casual