Chapter 36

The next morning Virgo dragged herself out of bed, a slight hangover lingering against her temples. Between the commotion of celebration and love, the group downed more shots of tequila than Virgo could remember, the celebration eventually transforming itself into a game that Virgo and Shea played when they lived in France together. They, of course, were experts at said game, which involved ordering five shots of tequila for whomever wanted to play and racing to finish all five. Everyone, even Cammie, participated last night, eager to prove themselves. Cammie especially put on a tough show of draining her glasses without flinching, but failed miserably. They group was all laughs and giggles, and not one of them could remember the night after that. Somehow they all ended up home and in bed.

"Putain," Virgo muttered, quietly slipping out of bed, careful not to disturb Cammie. As soon as her feet hit the ground, the headache collided between her temples, sending throbs of angry protests from her body in her skull. She laughed to herself, knowing it was stupid to have drank that much, but also knowing she didn't regret a thing.

Virgo crept to the bathroom to shower off the night.

"Good morning," Cammie mumbled from the bed when Virgo returned to pull on her clothes. Eyes were still half closed, Cammie battled to stay conscious. Much like Virgo, her head was screaming in protest from the night before.

"Good morning, mon amour." Virgo bent down and kissed Cammie on the forehead. Clumsy from sleep, Cammie pulled Virgo back into the bed, the girl falling on top of her. "Stay."

"I can't," Virgo chuckled. She cleared the hair away from Cammie's face, smiling down upon her.

When she pictured her happily ever after, this was always the image she had in her head. How beautiful this girl was. It warmed her heart to finally have these shared moments of intimacy with her Soulmate: being able to sleep next to her, waking up and have semi-conscious conversations, and lazy morning kisses.

"Are you sure?" Cammie asked, her eyes completely closed, but arms firmly locked around Virgo's waist.

"Yes."

"Are you coming back after work?"

"Of course."

A slight lift of Cammie's head brought their lips together for a moment before she collapsed back into the pillow. "Okay I'll see you soon."

"À bientôt."

As Virgo closed the door behind her, she heard Cammie's soft voice calling out to her once again, raspy from sleep. "Je t'aime."

"Je t'aime, mon amour."

Cammie found it impossible to sleep after Virgo left, despite the throbbing in her head and the limited time she had actually slept. Instead of laying helpless in her bed, Cammie pushed herself up, deciding to begin her day.

The first stop in her journey was the bathroom. She pulled open the medicine cabinet and scanned the bottles, locating the aspirin bottle and poured a few pills into her hand. The kitchen was much too far, so Cammie drank water straight from the tap to swallow the pills.

"Morning," Savannah said, joining her in the bathroom. She held out her hand and Cammie passed the bottle. Savannah followed Cammie's example, pouring the medication into her hand and drinking from the tap. "Jesus, what a night. Your girlfriend can drink."

Cammie smiled, thinking the same exact thing last night. When Shea suggested the game and Virgo explained the rules, she believed them both to be out of their minds. Nonetheless, five glasses appeared in front of them all, each of their hands salted in preparation.