Chapter 2: A Painful Wedding

Start from the beginning

All of the sudden Beckett's right-hand man, Mr. Mercer, comes into the room. He looks at me and gives me an evil smirk.

"Let's get a move on shall we," Mr. Mercer says while looking at me.

We make our way outside and into a carriage.

I stay quiet for the entire ride. I have no idea where we're going, but when we arrive, I look out the window and see that we're at a church. The driver opens the carriage door and Mr. Mercer steps out first followed by my father then by me with my father's hand out for me to grab.

We make our way inside. Mr. Mercer goes through the double doors, but Father tells me to wait. He hands me a bouquet of flowers and kisses me on the cheek. All of the sudden an organ plays a wedding march.

"Let's get going shall we," Father says. I feel myself start to cry.

The doors open and I see that it's a private wedding with only Beckett, Mr. Mercer, and a minister at the altar. Father and I start walking down the aisle. I see Beckett with an evil smirk on his face when he sees me crying.

Once we reach the altar, Father hands me to Beckett and takes the bouquet out of my hands and kisses me on the head and takes a seat on a bench on the front row. The music then stops.

"We are gathered here today in the sight of God and these witnesses to unite Cutler Beckett and Maria Swann in the bonds of holy matrimony. If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace," the minister says reading from a book and keeps quiet for a few seconds before continuing. "Cutler and Maria, if it is your desire to take the vows which will legally unite you at this time, please respond, 'It is," the minister says wavering his eyes from me to Beckett.

Beckett looks at me with a raised eyebrow to get me to say it with him.

"It is," we both say, but I didn't really want to.

"Do you Cutler Beckett, take Maria Swann to be your lawfully wedded wife? From this day forward, to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?" The minister asks looking at Beckett.

"I do," Beckett says with a smirk.

"Do you Maria Swann, take Cutler Beckett to be your lawfully wedded husband? From this day forward, to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?" The minister asks looking at me.

Beckett squeezes my hands tighter and gives me a pointed look.

"I do," I say sadly.

Beckett then taps my finger with my ring on it. I take my ring off and hand it to Beckett as Beckett does the same and hands me his.

"Cutler Beckett, please take the ring you have selected for Maria Swann. As you place it on her finger, repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed," the minister says looking at Beckett.

Beckett takes a hold of my left hand.

"With this ring, I thee wed," he says and slid the ring on my finger.

"Maria Swann, please take the ring you have selected for Cutler Beckett. As you place it on his finger, repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed," the minister says looking at me.

I hesitantly take his left hand.

"With this ring, I thee wed," I say sadly and slid the ring on his finger.

"In so much as the two of you have consented together in holy wedlock and have witnessed the same before God and this company, by authority vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the minister says, and I start to cry harder. "You may kiss your bride," he says looking at Beckett.

Beckett takes my face in his hands and gives me a smirk before giving me a lingering kiss.

We are then led into a room where we sign our marriage certificate. I hate to say I am now Maria Beckett and that makes me feel disgusted.

Father gives me a lingering kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be seeing you, okay?" He says sadly.

"Okay," I whisper sadly, and he turns to leave.

Throughout the entire ceremony, I thought of my true love Jack Sparrow. I really thought he would have kept his promise and stop the wedding, but I guess it was because it was private and at the very last second, it didn't happen.