nightmares//mike's dead

You watched yourself grab someone's hand, trying to help them escape the flames.

"Please! We have to leave! We went the wrong way!"

Dream You pleaded to the mystery person, but he wouldn't budge. All you knew, is that you had to head west, this was NOT west. Just as the growing flames reached you, you recognized the person's hand  you were holding. You watched yourself catch fire, before the first Dream You catches.  Even in your sleeping state, you could feel the heat. The flames slowly engulfed you, leaving you only able to scream.

~

That's exactly how you woke up, screaming and sobbing.
After you had stopped screaming, you could still feel your heart pounding, like it wanted to escape your body.

There was a series of knocks on your bedroom door. You knew it would be one of your roommates coming to check on you.

Sighing, you pulled the covers off of yourself. 

The floor is cold. You thought, still working on processing things.

You wiped the tears from your eyes as you opened the door.
It was Mike. He looked tired and concerned. His hair was flat on one side and his cheek had sleep indents. 

Cute.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up again? What time is it?"
You apologized. It wasn't the first time you had this nightmare, and it wasn't the first time Mike had come to check on you.

"Y/n, don't apologize. It's 2 am... but are you okay? Do you want to talk about it? Do you just need a hug?" Mike questioned, grabbing your hands.

You nodded, pulling him close. He was warm and safe. His arms trapped you in leaving no room for stray thoughts.

You didn't know why you had the nightmares, but you couldn't do much about them.

Well, you could stay awake, but that always ended up with you shaking from drinking too many energy drinks or asleep until 4 pm.

Mike pulled away slowly, and led you over to your bed.

"Mike?" You asked as you pulled the comforter back and climbed in.

"Yeah, Y/n?"

Fuck it. You thought, stretching the fabric up to your chin.

"Could you stay with me? I need someone... no. I need you."

Mike stumbled for a second.

"I... Uh, yeah. Yeah, I can stay with you."

You sighed in relief. Not only because you would have someone with you, but because it was Mike. A guy you've admired for a long, long time. He was kind heart-ed and strong and loving.

You guys have been tip toeing around each other, never knowing where to stand. Were you friends? Acquaintances? Just flatmates? More?

"Should I sit on the bed? Or, uh do you want me to grab a chair?"

"Um... the bed please..." 

He looked awkward; hot but awkward. He grabbed the comforter from you and slid in. 

You immediately curled into his body; your head resting on his tattooed chest and your arm on his sternum. You felt safe, stable. Mike would't let something hurt you if he could help it. Maybe that's why you fell asleep immediately. Lulled by his heart beat and soft breathing.

--

You woke up softly, for the first time in who knows how long. You were warm and your limbs felt heavy. 

Blinking your eyes open, you understood the weight to your limbs.

Mike had somehow switched positions with you. His head was on your chest and arm wrapped around your waist. His feet were tangled with yours in a way that had your legs tangled, too. 

Not that you minded, of course.

He looked peaceful, and beautiful, really. 

You smiled down at him, moving your arm to comb your fingers through his hair. 

Mike stirred. Leaning into your hand and opening his bleary eyes.

"Hello," He hummed towards you, grinning slightly.

"Hi," You hummed back.

"How do you feel, Y/n?"

"Better, thank you."

"Anything for you."

----

a/n - 

hi, here's this,, i have a new Aryia chapter coming soon, so keep a look out, but in the meantime.... have some Mike

this has been in the drafts for literally months, but its 1:36 am and I felt inspired so i did it lol

anyways,,, please add, comment, and vote !! 

i love seeing you guys interact! let me know some things you want! send me a pm if you have a specific imagine request,, i have requests currently open so feel free !!!

okay, i think im going to bed now..... lol

- xoxo m <3