Chapter 5

"So you're engaged to one of the Untouchables huh," Tim said as we entered my bedroom.

I groaned and shut the door. 

"I'm not," I said as I dropped my bag on the desk.

Tim jumped on the bed and turned on the television. "Is this you lying to yourself again?"

"I'm not lying to myself."

"Mhm."

"I'm going to go freshen up. Linda will bring some snacks in a while," I said while entering the rest room. 

After taking a shower and changing my clothes, I walked into the bedroom to find Tim eating a sandwich by the desk, flipping through pages of a book. 

"I see you made yourself comfortable."

"Indeed," he said as he scribbled something in this notebook.

"Can I request something from you?" I asked, changing the channel on the television.

"I don't know if I can fulfill your request but please, ask away."

"Can you not tell Serra about what you heard today."

He stopped writing and looked up at me. 

"Why? If you don't tell her sooner, she'll be mad when she finds out later. Don't you agree?"

I looked away from him and looked out the window.

"I know I'm being unfair, but I don't want anyone to know. Maybe I can get my parents to change their mind."

He scoffed and went back to his work. "Julia, I've met your parents. They're not going to change their mind."

"I don't want this. I don't want to marry Jared. I can't believe out of all people, it had to be him," I sighed, taking a seat next to him.

He let out a chuckle and gave me a smile. "I was surprised too but hey, at least he drives a nice car."

I smacked his shoulder as he let out a laugh. "Don't joke like that Timothy. It doesn't suit you."

"You know I'm right Juliana."

I gave him a shrug. "Whatever. Lets start on the project."

*

The next day, I awoke late and missed first and second period. Pulling into the student parking lot, I used the back entrance undetected and ran to the library for third period. 

Tim and Asher were seated already, discussing something between themselves.

"Hey guys," I said as I plopped down in a chair.

They all smiled and gave me a wave.

"Where's Serra and Will?" I asked as I opened my book bag to take out a notebook.

"Will has a meeting with his counselor," Asher said absentmindedly. 

"No idea where Serra is ," Tim murmured.

That's weird, Serra and Tim were always together. 

"She's not here again today?"

"I don't know. I sent her a message but she never replied."

A loud girlish laugh rang from somewhere in the room just as I was about to reply. 

Looking up, I saw Serra talking to Anna Rosenberg and her group of friends. 

"No way!" I exclaimed as I glanced in their direction.

"What's wrong?" Tim said as he looked at me in confusion.