Chapter 35

"Congratulations!" Liza yelled as she threw herself at me and Tim for a hug.

Tim and I smiled at her and returned the hug.

We had just walked off the stage after throwing our grad caps so everyone was cheering and clapping.

"I'm so proud of you guys!" she exclaimed as she ushered us out of the large auditorium.

"Thanks!" Tim replied cheerfully. "Hey, I'm going to go take pictures with my family. I'll catch up tonight at the party," Tim said as he gave me a hug and left to meet his family.

There were lots of people coming in and out so we walked to the back entrance to meet up with everyone else.

"So, are you excited for college? I heard you and Jared both got accepted into Brown University!" Liza excitedly stated as we say down on a bench.

I awkwardly laughed and nodded my head. "Yeah, but I think we'll both be on our own ways. Jared basically graduated from college through Cambridge so he'll probably only be at Brown part-time."

Liza smiled at me and patted me on the shoulder. "Jared is a busy guy now but don't worry, he'll still be there for you."

Yeah right.

Now that I want him to be there for me.

"Oh! Jared's out," Liza exclaimed.

"JARED!" Liza yelled, running towards her brother.

I watched as Jared gave her a hug and pecked her cheek.

He gave her a small smile as she released her from the hug.

They started talking and then Liza pointed towards my direction.

Jared looked my way and that's when we both made eye contact.

He looked dashing with his black and maroon gown with his hair styled neatly with strands falling across his forehead.

We had left separately so we hadn't seen each other in the morning.

He started making his way towards me with his powerful, yet cold demeanor.

Why is he making me feel this way?

I suddenly felt hot and looked away.

"Julia. Congratulations," Jared said as he stood in front of me.

I looked up and saw him smile at me.

Damn that smile.

My heart was beating so fast it felt like my chest would explode.

I released a small chuckle and stood up.

"Uhh thanks. Congrats to you too," I said in a low voice, giving him an awkward smile.

"You look nice," he suddenly said.

A compliment? From Jared?

I faced him with a questioning look.

He chuckled and smiled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I looked down and rubbed my neck. "It's nothing."

He didn't say anything but I could tell he was still holding in a chuckle.

I cleared my throat and tried to change the conversation.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked casually.

He straightened his tie and unzipped his gown.

"Lunch with the family and then the party at 6."

"Oh, well then I'll be at home chilling until the party."