Elena

She was in a dark cell, chains bound to her wrists and ankles. Elena couldn't remember being able to smell in dreams before, but the stench of the cell was overpowering; it stank of blood, damp and filth. She was frightened.
There was someone else in the cell with her.
"Just give in," the cold menacing voice spoke- there was something very familiar about that voice.
She squinted through the darkness, trying to make out the identity of her captor. "If you give me your power without any more trouble, I'll set you free. You can be human and live a mortal life with Geralt," his voice was closer now. She could sense he was only a few feet away but she still couldn't see him. "I know that's what you want... You can have it. Just give me your power."

Suddenly, images rushed through Elena's mind; fire, screams, her screams, animal screams, death, the world splitting in two, Geralt dead, and finally Khron- He was the cause of this destruction. Standing erect, fire burning in his hands and eyes. She made a horrible choking sound as the images left her mind as quickly as she'd seen them. She shrank away from her captor, he couldn't have her power. She'd die before giving it to him.
"Elena!" The sound filling her ears, it was Geralts voice. He'd come to save her!
"Elena! Wake up!" The voice was louder now, so loud it was shaking her entire being.

She woke with a start, almost slamming her head into Geralts as she sat up. He had been shaking her awake. It was just a dream.
She felt cold and sick, a sweaty sheen covered her forehead.
"Elena, we need to go now," the tone of his voice was enough for her to know this was non negotiable. He got up from the bed and lit a candle. She focused on the flickering light, trying to calm her pounding heart. The memory of the dream still at the forefront of her mind.
"I had a dream," Elena said in a choked voice, the fear in it evident even to herself.
"Tell me about it while you dress- and hurry!" He said, throwing her bag in her direction.
She flung the sheets back and swung her legs down to the floor. She took a deep breath and then stood. She dressed quickly, pulling a brown, cotton dress over her head.
"It was Khron. He was trying to take my power. He was going to use it for evil," Elena said in the direction of Geralts back. He whipped around to face her, his pallor ghastly white.
"I know," he hissed through clenched teeth.
"How?" Elena asked, a horrible cold dread sleeping into her bones.
"I went to him. He told me what you are," she could hear the strain in his voice as he spoke. "He wanted me to leave you here with him."
Elena shuddered at the thought. 'He told me what you are' those words sounded over and over in her mind. What am I?
Her body seemed suddenly heavy. Like she'd been plunged into a deep pit of mud and it wanted to keep sucking her down. Geralts voice sounded muffled and very far away.
"But I could sense that he would use your powers for himself. Khron never could stand being second best. He'd kill you to get what you have." Geralt had everything packed and ready to go. He was waiting for her by the door.
"Geralt... You said "he told me what you are." What am I?" Elena asked, swallowing nervously, finally finding her voice.
Geralt shifted uncomfortably, his eyes boring into the ground.
"Geralt? What am I?"
He stared at her for a long time, and then finally shook his head.
"You're an Angel," his voice was very matter of fact.

Elena froze, her mouth popping open to form a small 'o'. Geralt strode towards her, took her by the hand and towed her out of the room. An Angel? Surely not. Elena had suspected many things but an Angel! What does that even mean!? She was lost for words. She let Geralt pull her along without a struggle, tripping over herself the whole time. They had almost made it to the castle entrance when Geralts hand was suddenly ripped from hers and she screamed as he was thrown into the wall.
"You didn't think I'd let you leave with her?" His voice was loud and sneering. Elena watched in horror as Khron levitated into sight. His red cloak, flowing behind him. His eyes blazing with green light, the same light coming from his palms that were facing out from his sides. The kind and harmless man she had met earlier was gone. She felt nothing but cold, evil and greed in his aura.
"I'll give you this one chance to walk away Geralt. Leave her and I will spare you. If you don't, I will kill her and take her powers while you watch, and then I will kill you." His lips curling into a cruel smile.
Geralt was already on his feet, standing protectively in front of her. "I choose neither," he growled, unsheathing a large sword from his back.
"You're a fool Geralt of Rivia," he spat. He suddenly propelled himself towards them, hands outstretched, his mouth moving to form a spell. Then something strange happened. Elena's fear was suddenly gone, and it was if she could see outside of herself and she found that she was angry.
Elena had never felt rage before but she could feel it hot and insistent in her veins. She had to stop this.

Elena could feel the power within her start to swell. She focused all her energy on the wizard. Her anger fuelling the fire within her.
She heard the familiar whoosh in her ears and then her light flooded the room. Her powers taking control. The shockwaves of it sending Geralt and Khron the floor. She was floating above them, the power surging through her body like a wildfire.
She floated towards Khron, he was pinned to the floor by her power. He was trying to fight it, but it was futile. She was too strong.
"Khron, you will never know my power or any other power from this day on," as she spoke, she felt Khron's magic being stripped from him. He felt it too. His eyes were wide and frightened. "You can't!" He howled desperately, clawing at the floor like an animal.
"You have left me no choice," she said calmly. He screamed in terror as Elena cleansed him. Once his magic was shedded she made a start at his heart, removing the many layers of evil she found there. Khron thrashed violently as she reached the core of his evil. One final surge of her power and it was gone. Khron finally lay still, gasping for air. "From this day on, you will know no evil. You can no longer harm yourself or others. You will no longer be able to manipulate chaos. You have lived a great many years, your death will come soon."

Elena came gently back down to the ground. Her body humming with energy.
She stood over Khron's body. She no longer felt any fear or anger towards the old man on the ground. He was a pitiful sight, frail and cowering before her.
"Goodbye Khron," she turned away from the old man on the floor and headed for the door. Geralt came to her side and they walked out into the night together. She could see the reflection of herself in the black of Geralts eyes; she was golden like the sun.
They stared wordlessly at one another as they left the castle and Khron behind them. Elena smiled, as she felt Geralt take her hand. He smiled down at her in return, his eyes full of pride. They'd defeated him.
Together, they could face anything.