Geralt

He felt restricted in the clothes the servants had helped him in to. The material was silk and deep green. He felt ridiculous.
Once dressed, the servants escorted him into the banquet hall. The room was large but well lit, thanks to the large fireplaces on each wall. Chandelier's hung from the ceiling, their candles glowing brightly.
Much to Geralts dismay, there was twenty or so other guests in the room. They too, were finely clothed, the stench of their overly perfumed bodies ripe in his nostrils. He nodded at those who came close but kept to himself while he waited for Elena. He hadn't seen her since they'd left the baths. He felt uneasy at her absence. Where is she?

Just then, the two oak doors swung open and in Elena waked. She stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down at Geralt. She looked completely unrecognisable.
Her long brown hair had been artfully placed on the top of her head, drawing attention to her fine cheekbones, jaw and her shapely throat.
The dress she wore was simple but clearly expensively made. It was red, and the material shimmered in the candlelight as she descended the stairs. He found himself making his way to the bottom of the stairs to meet her, without remembering to command his muscles to move. The rest of the room seemed to dissolve as he watched her take the last few steps.
The dress clung tightly to her breasts and waist and then fell loosely to the ground. It was sleeveless. The soft, creamy skin of her chest and shoulders visible. She had on white gloves that came up past her elbows.
He stood motionless as she made her way to him, a smile lighting up her face.
They'd put black kohl around her eyes, making their blue colour tantalisingly deeper. Her lips glistened red, he could barely keep his eyes off them.
She looked completely disarming.
Geralt held his breath astonished.
"Hello," her shocking blue eyes searching his own. She stopped in front of him, the tops of her breasts easily visible. His mind flashing back to how soft and silky they had felt in his hands, her nipples hard under his fingers.
He cleared his throat. "You look beautiful," he said, shocked at the emotion in his voice.
She smiled up at him, putting a gloved hand on his forearm. "So do you," she breathed. Geralt rolled his eyes and escorted her to the long table.

Like the tavern, every guest was openly smiling at Elena. Geralt sat next to Khron at the table, Elena placed at Geralts side.
Khron and Geralt exchanged glances as the guests fawned over Elena. She was taken up in conversation with a few of them.
"Does she always have this effect on humans?" Khron whispered to Geralt, while Elena's attention was occupied.
"Yes. It's unusual isn't it?" Whispered Geralt.
"Most peculiar... Of course, she's stunning but these humans are infatuated. I've never seen anything like it."
Geralt explained Elena's power to Khron in hushed whispers. Khron listened quietly, nodding here and there.
"She completely healed your wounds? Not a scar left behind?" He asked after Geralt had explained her magic at the lake.
Geralt nodded his head once.
"Incredible," he breathed, his eyes lighting up with curiosity as he stared at Elena.
"Bring her to my study after we feast. I'll begin examinations immediately," Khron put finally.

Geralts medallion had twitched continuously during dinner. He noticed that it happened when Khron was looking at Elena, with furrowed eyebrows. He was trying to use his magic on her. "What are you doing?" Geralt hissed under his breath.
Khron laughed. "I've been trying to influence her with a range of spells. She's resisted them all. Not once has she even noticed!" He said confounded. He was right. Elena hadn't looked uncomfortable once. She was smiling and chatting animatedly the whole time.
Apart from that, dinner passed without occasion.

As instructed, he brought Elena to Khron's study immediately after dinner.
"Do you know you're resistant to my magic?" Khron asked Elena.
"No, I hadn't realised you were using any," Elena said astonished. Khron laughed loudly.
"Do you mind if I try a more dangerous kind of spell?" He asked her, his voice taking a tone Geralt didn't like. He took an instinctive step towards her.
Elena squared her small shoulders and pushed her chin out slightly. "Go for it," she said bravely. Geralt didn't like this at all.
"If you hurt her Khron.." Geralt started to protest.
"Oh please, my old friend, she will be completely safe," assured Khron.
Khron's hand shot out towards Elena, emitting a force that knocked Geralt off his feet and slamming him into the bookshelf behind him. Elena remained standing, not a hair out of place, as the rooms contents were thrown wildly against the wall.
The laugh that came from Khron was manic.
"Bravo!" He shouted, clapping his hands together. Elena smiled and gave him a small curtsy. Geralt picked himself off the floor, glaring at Khron. "She eludes even me! You are something very special indeed," said Khron, moving towards Elena, taking her by the shoulders. Seeing his hands on Elena made Geralt feel an emotion he hadn't experienced in a long time. Jealousy.

"I'd like to take a sample of your blood, dear. Do you mind?" He asked Elena. She shook her head in response. He took Elena by the hand, removed her white glove and pulled a small dagger from his cloak. The sight of it filling Geralt with dread.
"This will only hurt for a second..." Khron whispered, head bent over Elena's hand.
He cut a small gash in her palm, Elena's nose wrinkling in response. He let the blood flow into a small vial. Geralt watched astonished as the cut in her palm healed over just as quickly as it was opened. He moved to her and grabbed her hand, inspecting it closely. Like his wound, there was no scar, just a red smear of where her blood had been.
Her blue eyes smiled up reassuringly at him. Geralt sighed and gave her back her hand.
Khron was already at his desk, studying the blood in the vial. Geralt wanted Elena out of this room before he talked her into any more experiments. "Thank you, Elena," Khron's voice called. "You two go enjoy yourselves now. I may be here for some time." His head was bent over his desk, all attention on his work.

Geralt gave a small bow and led Elena out the room by her elbow. "That was fun," she breathed, clearly excited.
"Hmmph... I could think of better ways of having fun," Geralt said, his mouth dry.
She looked up him excitedly, the intent in her eyes clear what kind of fun she hoped he had mind, "Like what?"
Geralt stole a glance at her from the side of eyes, smiling slightly. He remained silent as he escorted her back to their chamber. Feeling more at ease the more distance he put between her and Khron.