Geralt

Her name was Elena.
He noticed that she only picked at a few grapes and nibbled at the bread, as he put away most of the food she had prepared.
They ate quietly- taking small, polite glances at each other in between mouthfuls.
Geralt's overall impression of Elena was that she was kind, naive and very, very young.
Her blue eyes were open and honest and he could see the warmth of friendliness in them each time she smiled at him.
What didn't make sense was why she lived here alone, at the edge of a forest; Miles away from other humans.

"Do you live here alone?" Geralt enquired politely.
"I always have," she replied matter of factly, tossing her brown hair over her shoulder with a small flick of her head.
"How long for? And why?" Geralt asked puzzled. Not bothering to be ashamed by his intrusiveness. Thankfully, Elena didn't seem to mind.
"I don't know how long exactly, but from what I can remember, I've lived here for seven years," she answered, looking at him carefully as she spoke. "And as to why. You're the third person I've encountered in those seven years. No one passes through this way- usually."
Geralt could tell she was telling the truth. Her voice didn't falter; her breathing even; her eyes still meeting his with the same warm, yet somehow penetrating gaze.
He was even more confused than before.
"You said 'from what you remember'. What do you mean?" He asked, staring at her face- Searching for answers there. His body shifting forward in his seat. He could always tell what people were about to say by their expressions. He watched as her slim, brown eyebrows pulled together as she stared hard at the table. "I have no memory of being anywhere but here and the age I am now," she spoke slowly, choosing her words carefully. "All I have of my life are the years I've spent here. I have no idea where I was before. Where I spent my childhood... I've always just been..." she swallowed visibly and audibly as she looked back up at him. Giving him a wry smile, she said, "Alone." Her voice with filled with longing and a hint of sadness.

Geralt made a low sound, expressing the puzzlement he felt at her situation. She was still looking at him, her blue eyes shining with new moisture. They expressed her feelings openly and honestly. "Do you believe me?" She whispered cautiously.
"Yes," Geralt replied almost instantly, and again his response took him by surprise. Usually his conversations with humans weren't so frank.
She visibly relaxed at his response; letting out a small sigh and sinking a little deeper into the wooden stool. She had a small, secret smile playing on her lips. "So did the last person," she spoke, looking him directly in the eye. "Animals or people always seem to trust me."
Geralt digested this in silence. Watching her closely for any signs of falsehood. There weren't any.

Geralt thought for a long time before he next spoke. "Would you like to hear a theory I might have in regards to your memory loss?"
"Sure," she chirped. "Finally some insight other than my own!"
Geralt smiled at her eagerness. She had shifted her weight forward in her seat, leaning closer to him, giving him her full attention. When she smiled it seemed to make the dim room a little brighter.
There was something about Elena. Something regal in the way she turned her head, the set of her spine. The way she clasped her small hands demurely on the table in front of her.
She seemed completely out of place here.
Her eyebrows raised expectantly, waiting for Geralts explanation.
"I believe there's a high chance you may be under a curse," he said simply, calculating her response.
She didn't seem shocked. Her eyebrows pulled together as she frowned, shaking her head slightly.  "Hmm... Yes. I had thought of something like that myself," she said dreamily. "But it doesn't feel that way. It feels... Well, it's hard to describe." For lack of better words, she fell quiet.

Geralt was almost convinced he had it worked out. A curse must have been placed upon her as a young girl- maybe by a jealous queen- and she's been banished here. Forgotten by all, including herself.
It would take some work, but he decided he was going to help her. His mind was decided.
"I can break this spell."