Chapter 16

Sebastian's mind was uncharacteristically not completely focused as he worked around the manor doing his daily chores while trying to work out what to do about Lukas.

All he could think about was his interaction with Adalina the night before. He loved the feelings of their bodies touching as his hands rubbed up and down her curves and his lips touched her skin. He had done so with multiple women in the past, but it was the first time he had ever actually enjoyed it and didn't have an ulterior motive with his actions. Touching her like that was what he wanted to do for so long. He had been very unhappy when she had stopped him.

However, he had forced himself to pull it together for her sake though it was a severe test of his control. As much as he hated having to cease the moment, he didn't want to force anything onto her for fear that she would pull away from him again. If he had to wait even longer to be able to touch her again, he might go insane.

He wasn't exactly sure why she had stopped him. He had been able to sense how much she liked what he was doing, and yet...she still stopped him.

Was he reading something wrong?

That was impossible. He did not read humans wrong.

"Sebastian."

Sebastian spun around and flung a silver butter knife at the voice behind him. He was surprised to find a young brown-haired woman lying on her back on one of the couches. She was wearing an extremely short white skirt with a revealing black shirt that dipped rather low in a V-neck cut but hugged her very tiny form so that he couldn't see anything that the shirt didn't cover even if she bent down. There were no shoes covering her feet. There was a small very messy bun on top of her head while the rest of her hair ran all the way down her back. She was smiling at him with the knife between two of her fingers.

"There's no need for that, now is there?" she said with a clear American accent as she tossed the knife away.

"Who are you?" he demanded, wondering why he hadn't sensed her presence before now.

The woman smiled at him as she seductively crossed her legs, toes pointed. "I am an Oracle. I'm here to help you make sense of some things."

"You mean with the Grim Reaper?"

The Oracle laughed a little. "I mean with more...personal matters."

"What are you talking about?"

The Oracle sat up on the couch to face him. "Your feelings for Adalina."

"How do you know about that?"

With a smirk, she lay down sideways on the couch with her hand supporting her head. "I know everything."

"How is it possible that I have these feelings? Demons are not capable of love."

"It is not unheard of, Sebastian. There are several cases of demons falling in love for various reasons under all kinds of circumstances. I have to say, it's very rare for a demon to fall in love with a human. It's even rarer for a demon to fall in love with one who is pure of heart."

Sebastian looked at the woman. "She's what?"

The Oracle stood up from the couch. "Adalina is not an ordinary human. She is a human who is pure of heart. Demons usually repel and reject things that are pure of heart. That's why despite her pure soul, you were never drawn to her. Nevertheless, in your case, you fell in love with her."

"How?"

"When you connected with her, you shared more than just her memories. You shared her ability to feel. You shared...each other."