6: Shattered Glass

Walker

"Have you ever been on a date before" I ask Jentzen who is helping me pick an outfit for the date. "Yeah. I went on one the other day" he says "oh yeah right, you went on two last week" I say "technically one, I don't want to consider being handcuffed to 5 other people a date" he says "good point" I say. I grab out a pink Piper rockelle hoodie knowing that she would live seeing me wear her merch. I show it to him and he nods in approval. Piper smiles when she sees I'm wearing her merch and I return the smile when I realize she's wearing a hoodie that say Walker Bryant. "You look amazing" I say to her "thanks. You look great too" she responds. We ride an uber to the Santa Monica pier and buy tickets. We decide to make an Instagram story and the post is already overflowing with comments. Mostly positive comments and some bad comments like she's so much cuter with Lev or she's so much cuter with Gavin, there's even a few comments about Sophie and I and Piper and Jentzen which is really weird. ''Are you seeing some of these comments" Piper says and it seriously feels like she can read my mind as she hands me her phone. "No offense to Jentzen but I can never imagine dating someone like him" Piper says and we both laugh. "I can already tell this is gonna be an awesome date" she says "this is a official date right. Not some type of dare?" She adds "it's a date" I say while grabbing her hand and getting onto the first ride.

Back at the Hype House

Gavin
I walk into the kitchen to see Coco pulling frosting out of the fridge and frosting cupcakes. "Hey Gavin" she says "hi" I say back while pulling out my phone. I scroll through my Instagram and look at the comments on my most recent post. Hayley walks into the kitchen and starts talking to Coco. "What do you think Gavin?" I hear Coco say "what?" I ask "were you even listening?" Hayley and Coco ask in unison. "I didn't know y'all were talking to me as well" I explain. I watch as Coco picks up a cupcake and says "do you think these look better than normal" "anything you bake taste good" I say "good?" Hayley asks "that's another way of saying decent as in you don't really like her baking" Sophie says from the couch. "What did I just do" I think to myslef while slowly walking away from the kitchen. "What flavor are these" Txynamy asks walking into the kitchen and watching as Coco throws one towards my face. I wipe frosting off my face and say " It's vanilla" "Good to know" she says while taking one and sitting on the couch. Everyone starts laughing except for me. "What was that for?" I ask "nothing really, I've just wanted to know what your reaction would be and for revenge" she says. That's when I remember dumping a starbucks drink in her head because she was ignoring me for 24 hours a few months ago "she did say you wouldn't see the revenge coming" Hayley says laughing after. "So you're not mad?" I ask "nope" Coco says "Wait what did I miss?" Hayden says walking into the kitchen with Clementine. I grab a napkin from the kitchen and start wyping my face off. I grab a cupcake and throw it at Coco and she throws another one at me "What the heck" Piper and Walker say walking through the door and seeing a cupcake flying through the air and hitting my face. "Don't ask" Sophie says getting up from the couch. "How was your date?" Sophie asks Piper and Walker as they sit at the island.

Walker

"I was waiting in the living room for Piper with Sophie and Jentzen. That's when it happened, glass shattering and something falling outside. We ran to the door and Coco was laying there, her leg bleeding and a piece of glass stuck in it" I explain to everyone who was now gathered outside staring at Coco. We watch as the paramedics load Coco onto a stretcher. Everyone begins to freak out but Gavin and Hayley are obviously the most concerned. "It's not as bad as you think, I'm sure they can help her" Sawyer says
"Oh really because I'm pretty sure I just saw my best friend getting loaded into an ambulance" Hayley says holding back tears. "It's gonna be ok. They can help her. We just need to trust that they know what to do" Indi says. Gavin gets into the ambulance with Coco and the rest of us wait for Txunamy and Indigos parents to show up. When they do we all rush into the cars I get in Indigo's mom's car and she asks us what exactly happened. "Coco has glass stuck in her leg and we thing she might have broken her leg as well" Indi explains. I watch as Piper and Sophie have another failed attempt of trying to get Hayley calm. "Is this really happening?" Hayley asks "I hate to break it to you but this feels pretty real" Sawyer says "you could at least try Sawyer" Hayden says shaking his head. We get to the hospital and Hayley practically jumps out of the car to run inside. "Who are you here to see?" The lady asks us, knowing that it probably wasn't one of us that needed medical help. "Coco Quinn" Txunamy and Hayley say anxiously. "Room 317 floor 3" the lady says "thank you" Clementine and Symonne say while Hayley rushes towards the elevator. For us to all get there it takes two elevators, because there are alot of us. Once we all make it up to the waiting area Coco's mom walks out. "Gavin is already in there and there can only be one more person to go in" "Hayley should go" everyone agrees.

                            Hayley

I walk into Coco's room and see a smiling Coco which helps me feel better. "Hey Coco" I say as she turns her head to look at me "Hayley!" She shouts "I'm gonna go so Txunamy can come see her" Gavin says and leaves the room. Seconds later Txunamy burst through the door concerned. When she sees Coco's smile her concerned face leaves and she sits in one of the chairs. "How are you feeling?" I ask Coco "good" she says "they got the glass oit of my leg and now I just need a cast" Coco adds. Txunamy and I walk out of the room after talking for a few more minutes. Everyone goes in to see her in groups of two and then her parents tell us that she can have one friend stay with her because they need to keep her here tonight and everyone volunteers me.

                            Hayden
"How's she doing" Indi's mom asks "she just needs a cast" Indi says "she's going to be ok" Gavin says and let's out a sigh of releif. When we get to the house there is a huge mess. There's still frosting splattered on the walls, there's shadered glass, there's rose petals on the living room floor, wonder what that could've been for. There's blood that needs to be cleaned up from the patio as well. We have everyone separate into groups and get to cleaning. Clementine, Jentzen, Sophie, and I get to cleaning the rose petals. "Why were these here?" I ask "Walker was gonna ask Piper to be his girlfriend" Sophie says "but then Coco got a piece of glass stuck in her leg and that seemed alot more important" Jentzen adds to Sophie's comment. "How did she get a piece of glass stuck in her leg?" I ask "It's my fault my glass cup fell from my balcony. I went to pick the pieces up, but she had been running to pick the glass shards up. I guess she fell while running and broke her leg" Corinne explains while walking into the living room. "You couldn't have known that would happen" I say "But it was my glass cup that fell. It was my shattered glass, I should be the one with a broken leg." she replies and a tear falls from her eye.

                              Gavin

At dinner everyone stays quiet at first. Normally Coco is the first person to talk, because she likes to start games that help us get to know each other better at the dinner table. "How's the food?" Sophie asks "Good" Piper replies. Normally Coco makes dinner, today Sophie made Spaghetti and it's definitely not Coco's cooking. That night I try to sleep but it's weird because normally Coco says goodnight to me in person before Going to her and Corinne's room but today she texted me instead. I didn't realize how much my normal day routine revolved around Coco before this. When I think of her I can't stop having a different feeling then normal. I never thought I would find myself saying this but I think I have feelings for Coco.