The Dark (test chapter/preview) (Non-BNHA)

The weight of seeing her friends and two family members consumed by their own darkness terrified Pera. She wanted nothing more than to run away but with the impending danger to her friends lives, she had to delve deep into her soul and pull that darkness from years ago back out. She had to show herself as they once knew her. As the world once saw her.

It was scary. Petrifying. Despite all of the fear built inside her, the demon within in her called out in a hissing voice.

"I was wondering when you'd call me."

She heard it call out as she was thrown backwards by a gust of wind and trapped within a sphere of water. She kicked around to keep herself upright and saw her older sister staring her down. The hatred within her eyes made Pera cry within the watery cage. Her sister was lost. Her brother no better off.

She knew there was no saving them, no going back to piggy back rides or bedtime stories. No shoulder to cry on. No tight hugs or words of advice. Her tears grew black being s visible in the water as her sister continued watching her without an mercy on her eyes. The demon laughed within Pera's mind, it was winning over her will to be good. To save her friends.

"You need me. Stop fighting it. You'll drown. That'd be a pitiful death."

Pera felt her lungs sting as she huffed and let a breath of air slip, the air bubble going to the surface as she covered her mouth. She looked at her sister and brother with overwhelming sadness before using both hands to cover her mouth.

I can't let it take over. I won't be able to stop myself. I'll hurt everything. Everyone.

"Peeeeeeraveil. You're running out of time. Make a decision."

With time running out, Pera released some control over her body. Just a little. Inside her mind she fought the demon by holding its waste and crying.

Pera's presence suddenly became heavy and strong like a weight had just been dropped on their backs. The pressure in the air formed around her body and pushed the water out. Her black tears fell to the ground and burnt the earth below her as her teeth sharpened and eyes grew dull red with the absent of light. She looked up at her sister as the water turned to shards and made a barrage of icicles fly towards the group of former allies.

The sister had no trouble dodging them, her brother smashed them as they came to her, and one friends was impaled in the shoulder and sent to the earth below with a ground shattering force. The others managed to get through the barrage with little injuries.

"Pera. That's enough. You need to come home with us. Mother and Father are growing very impatient with your little tantrums."

Please, Juniper, run away.

"If you think Pera would come with you after the shit you've done, yours greatly mistaken. In fact, she wants you to runaway." She wiped the black tears from her eyes and brought a blackened sword out from the smears of black on her hand. "But I just don't think I want to give you the satisfaction of coming back to bother me it's been getting annoying." She said in a monotone voice as she flew slowly towards her sister.

The sister, Juniper, never flinched at this as she drew her dagger. "We can bring you in dead or alive. It doesn't matter."

What

Being caught off guard by her sisters words, Pera's clutch on her demon slipped for just a second giving it more power than needed. The whites of her eyes grew black as she grinned before frowning again and looking at Juniper.

"Pera's trying real hard not to let me loose on you. I find it weak to hold onto small meaningless connections like she does. However, I understand that. You're just disgusting in nature. Betraying your sister after the promises you've made her. Your younger sister no less. What a disgrace." She huffed at Juniper as she caught the end of the dagger that was meant to silently stab her in the heart.

Juniper genuinely seemed surprised at this as the demon gripped the blade till it cracked and got close to Juniper's face with a searing anger. For once, Juniper actually grew worried about the fight ahead as she gritted her teeth and stared in the eyes of the demon flowing from Pera.

"It will take more than a cowardly dagger to the heart to kill me. I have no bonds to you. By the end of this battle I may kill you." She whispered in an angry tone as she shattered the hell-forged dagger without trouble and grabbed Juniper's throat, throwing her to her left and thus through multiple trees with little effort.

I'm so sorry.