33 You were, are, will be...

Part 33 

Khushi got horror stuck, reading the report. Lavanya was pregnant by forty-five days. She read it again and again in disbelief. Lavanya was pregnant. No need to say Khushi's eyes stared overflowing.

This is why Lavanya committed suicide? At first, she would have thought of giving a chance to a life with Arnav. She would have changed her mind after knowing that she is pregnant. She must have feared the truth that her wrong deeds will come out in a few days. Khushi's anger rose into no limits. How Lavanya could be so careless...? What she was up to? What was in her mind about her family and future?

Cherry on the cake... Arnav knew it... he didn't open his mouth about it. It seems, he didn't even say anything to even Ratna. Why? Why did he hide the truth from everyone? What's in his mind? Maybe, he doesn't want people to think low about Lavanya. Does he love Lavanya to that extend? She gulped.

She hid the paper, under the quilt as Ratna called her. She handed the Mehra Fabrics file to the AR staff. She faced a tough time not to show her anxiety to Ratna.

Khushi sat on the recliner. She couldn't take it easy. How BIG issue PREGNANCY is.... that too before marriage? It's a matter of family reputation. How Lavanya forgot all of this? What a girl she was?

Khushi's thought got broken by Arnav's entry. His face brightened, seeing Khushi.

Arnav: Hi...

Khushi looked at him not reciprocating.

Arnav: Are you fine?

Still, there is no response from Khushi's side.

Arnav: Hey... what happened? Why are you glaring at me?

They heard Ratna calling Khushi.

Ratna: Khushi beta... Chotte asked for coffee... come and take it.

Khushi left the room making face. Arnav frowned at her.

Arnav: What happened to her?

He went to the washroom to get fresh. Khushi brought the coffee. She kept it on the tea table and sat on the bed silently. Arnav sensed it wired. He was observing her while sipping the coffee. Didn't she look so energetic in the morning? Did anyone fight with her in the college? Why she looks upset?

Arnav kept the empty cup on the table. Khushi removed the Post-mortem report from under the quilt. She extended it towards Arnav.

Khushi: What is this, Arnavji?

Shock was visible on Arnav's face. This is why she was upset? How did she get it? But... it doesn't matter now. Arnav tried to take the paper from her hand.

Khushi pulled her hand back.

Khushi: You know very well what this is.

Arnav blinked his eyes slowly.

Khushi: Why Arnavji? Why didn't you say about it to anyone? Not even to me... why did you hide it?

Arnav: What would have happened if I had told about it? What's the use of telling the truth who is no more on the Earth?

Khushi: I agree my parents would have felt dejected...

Arnav: Not only that Khushi... you would have been affected ultimately...

Khushi: Me?

Arnav(nodding yes): You are at the end of your college life. These are enjoyable days. These days won't come back in your life. You would have lost your freedom if I had told the truth about Lavanya because your father would have made you as a scapegoat to show how conservative his family is. He would have tried his best to show his upbringing is not wrong... through you. you would have lost your freedom. I don't want you to get affected by Lavanya's mistake.