25 Outburst

Part25 

Khushi was chasing the car shouting Simran's name. The driver saw her through the rearview mirror.

Driver: Is she your friend?

Simran turned backward and saw Khushi. She couldn't remember her but her lip movement told Simran that she is calling her name.

Simran: Stop the car.

The driver stopped the car. Khushi reached her, panting hard.

Simran: Who are you? Why are you chasing me?

Khushi (gasping): Simran right?

Simran(thoughtfully): yeah....

Khushi: I'm Khushi... Lavanya's sister.

Simran (excitedly): Goddamn... yeahhhh.... How did I forget you?

She hugged her happily.

Simran: How is your crazy sister? How is her married life going?

Khushi: She is dead.

Simran's expression changed.

Simran (nervously): Hey... this is not funny. Okay...?

Khushi: Do you think I could make fun of this matter?

Her sight got blurt by tears.

Simran : But how?

Khushi: She committed suicide.

Simran hit her own forehead and sat on the Marine Drive wall. She cried closing her face.

Khushi: You know why?

Simran nodded yes sobbing.

Khushi: I came to Mumbai, in the excuse of attending Sheetal's marriage to know about my sister. Sheetal told me only half of the story as she couldn't give her time for me. Please tell me what happened in La's life. What made her break up with Vikas? Who she saw in his clinic instead of Vikas that day?

Khushi took her hand and kept it on her head.

Khushi: Please tell me....

Sim: Yes, that day she didn't meet Vikas in his clinic but his mother.

Khushi: Mother?

Sim: Yes. She came to the clinic to meet Lavanya, sending Vikas to somewhere as she got to know about their affair. She asked La to get away from Vikas's life.

Khushi: But why?

Sim: It's because she wanted Vikas to marry her husband's friend's daughter who helped for Vikas's studies.

Khushi: Didn't La tell Vikas about that?

Sim: His mother got her promise not to tell Vikas.

Khushi: Why did she agree?

Sim: What did she do? She knew Vikas loves his mother very much as she worked hard to make him as a Doctor. La was broken down after that. Our college got over, after three days. Without meeting Vikas, she left Mumbai. She cried a lot you know. She loved him madly. She never thought about her life without him. She even submitted herself to him.

Khushi was horror stuck hearing that. Simran realized her mistake, seeing horrified Khushi.

Khushi: What did you say?

Sim: Ohh I....

Khushi: Did she go to that extent? How could she?

Sim: She loved him truly Khushi.