Your Move

Two days have passed since Raven gave me the news. I have tried to speak to Roan but he will not see me. I am walking through the hallway when hands grab mine. I am brought to the throne room to find Kane and Bellamy tied up again. I kneel before Roan as he glares down at us.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looks at me.

"Tell you what?"

"That Skaikru has a nightblood and is planning to make nightblood."

"I know Abby." Kane speaks up. "If she believes that this could work, she also believes that it will save us all."

"Thats blasphemy." Echo says walking over to hit him in the face, knocking him over. He looks up at her before looking at Roan. "Nothing they tell us is true." She says. 

"This is." I say standing up. I look at Echo before looking at Roan. "I know that night bloods are sacred. Trained to be the next commanders. I also know that this might be our only way to survive. Raven has told me that the radiation levels are getting higher. We thought we had six months but now we have less, maybe three or four." 

He stares at me before stepping towards Kane and Bellamy. He looks down at them as his eyes lift to look at Echo. He nods and thats when I see her take her knife out. I stand up running at her as she is about to stab Bellamy. She stabs me in the shoulder. I cry out in pain as she pushes me off her.

"Clarke!" Bellamy yells at me. I look over at him, holding my shoulder. I hear him scream as Roan steps on him. He is pushed to the ground by Roan's boot. I stare up at Roan.

"Truth is the first causality of war. If your motives where pure you would have shared them." He looks at me. He looks up at the warriors. "Our alliance is broken. Skaikru laik the baga." He says. I look at Echo to see her smiling. I look over at Bellamy to see him staring at me as Roan continues to push him down.

The warriors grab us taking us down to the dungeon. They chain Bellamy and I beside each other. I sit there holding his hand, not sure what to do. 

"This is my fault." I say.

"It's not." I look at Kane. "You have done what you can to help us." I smile nodding. I look at Bellamy to see him staring at the ground. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter what we do. We'll always end up here," he looks at me. "In the brink of war." He says. I squeeze his hand.

"Hey." Kane calls to us. We look at him. "We'll get through this." He nods leaning against the bars. The door clangs open. We stand up watching as Roan comes in, white war paint on. A warrior comes over unchaining me. They then drag me over to Roan. I stand before him glaring.

"You are banished. If you are ever seen you will be killed." The warrior takes me out. I look at Bellamy to see him yelling. I yell back but it is no use. The warrior drags me through Polis, pushing me when we get to the border. He tosses me a bag and my sword. I pick it up, putting them on before walking. 

I walk to Arkadia. I will need there help to get Kane and Bellamy back. They have been prisoners for weeks. I get to Arkadia hours later tired. Raven meets me at the gate, welcoming me with open arms. I hug her before walking inside to tell her what is happening.

Octavia, Lincoln, Miller, Monty and I stand around a table. I tell them everything that has been happening these last weeks. They have also told me the same. We get to work on how to stop Roan and his army from destroying us. 

Octavia and Lincoln go to see what Roan army is up to. The rest of us get ready for them, hoping we can stop them in time. I keep thinking of Bellamy. I hope that Roan has not killed him. If he did Roan would have made sure I knew. He's still alive, I know it.