Azgeda

Eight Years Ago

I smile sitting beside him. Dad is teaching me to write. Something that has been lost for 90 years. His father taught him, just like his grandfather taught his father. Passed down through the generations. Now he's teaching me.

Clarke I write. 

"That's good."

"It says Clarke, right?" I look up at him, seeing his long hair and white paint. 

"Correct. Go on."

My name is Clarke. Princess of Azgeda. I continue to write. I am the daughter of King Jake, son of King Theo.

"That is very good, Clarke." He kisses my head. 

"Haihefa." Father turns looking behind him as his hand moves to my lower back. "Nia en the other scouts laik back." I look up at him, seeing him nod before looking back at me. 

"Duty calls." He kisses my head again before getting up and following the warrior out of my room. I watch him leave before turning back to my writing. I write down more words.

I continue to write when I hear yelling. I get up running to my doorway when I see warriors running back and forth. I stare at them, confused. A hand grabs mine. I look over at mother to see her pulling me down the hallway, away from them.

"Where laik osir going?" I ask her. She doesn't speak, just keeps pulling me in the opposite direction. I try to look behind to see what is happening but we are walking too fast. We get to side door that leads outside. Mother stops opening the door, that's when I see my chance. I pull my arm out, running back the way we came, running back to father.

"Clarke!" I hear her call out. I don't listen just keep running. Dead warriors lie against the wall near the throne room. I grab one of their swords as I charge in. I rush into the throne room, sword up only to stop. Dead bodies cover the ground. I lower the sword staring at the person in the middle.

"Clarke." He says walking over to me. I stare at his blood covered face. "You should not be here." Roan walks up beside him whispering into his ear. Father looks at me before nodding. "Go." 

"I thought..." He puts his finger to my mouth.

"Do not worry. No one can kill me." I wrap my arms around him, letting him hold me. Blood soaking my clothes but I do not care. He is alive and safe.

Six years Later

I recall the day the commander attacked us. Sending warriors that had no connection any clan after us. Father killed every one of them, losing very few warriors. That was the day I lost mother. She left, not wanting to be apart of the bloodshed, if only she knew.

I ride behind Nia. We are returning home after the coalition in Polis.  After three long years of fighting, peace has finally been made. But at a cost. 

"Clarke." He sneers.

"You can't just leave."

"I was banished, what else can I do?" He says looking around him as people walk around us.

"Where are you going to go?" I ask. He takes a deep breathe turning to face me fully.

"I don't know."

I close my eyes feeling the pain of the only man who has taken care of me these last years. Ever since father died, no. I shake my head, trying to push the memory away. I use to hate Lexa and her coalition. I use to hate that she was the cause of all our pain, my pain. 

Everyone said she killed him. She ordered his death but I know the truth. I stare forward at the truth. My aunt, Queen Nia killed him. Had warriors ambush him after he left the conclave. He even made an alliance with Lexa before we knew. 

"Your father was a good man." Lexa says. I stand before her, staring out over Polis.

"You had him killed." I say not looking at her. 

"Your father's death is what brought this war on. If he had not died we would have had peace sooner." I look at her. "I am sorry Clarke. You are so young. You should not have this life but we all do." I look back out. "We have all lived this life."

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"You believe I had your father killed." I nod. "Why would I kill the man who made an alliance with me?" I gasp a little. "Your father wanted peace. He believed that we had been fighting for too long. He hoped when the time came that you would lead your people once he died." 

"I am not queen. Nia took that while I grieved for my father." I look back at her.

"I hope one day you will see the truth. You are more your father then you know." She puts her hand on my shoulder before leaving me. 

I continue to glare at Nia's back. We may have peace now but there will always be war. I turn my horse to the side walking it into the forest. I can't be part of this.

"Clarke!" I stop looking over my shoulder at her, to see she's stopped. "If you leave us, you will never be welcomed back."

"I am the daughter of King Jack, granddaughter of King Theo." She straightens up. "I am Azgeda, I will always be Azgeda." I look forward walking into the forest, away from her, away from the past. 

Trailer