Koji’s eyes were wide, black and red; the eyes of an avaricious ghoul. Saliva trickled down the corner of his mouth and he convulsed. He had just recently transformed by the looks of it, probably around the first few days of the Dragons waking. Yet judging from his rinkaku type kagune he had two months to perfect his new found powers.

“I-I’m sorry Special Investigator! I’m j-just so hungry and you’re twice the package!” He cried out before swiping at her again.

She dodged and jumped away again. Her (E/C) eyes narrowed at her opponent. His attempts at her were sloppy and he was driven by his hunger, she could take him on.

“Stand in one place and let me take a bite!” He growled, racing towards her with his kagune stretched out.

“You won’t even come close to doing that.” She scowled, but she was aware that her stomach made this fight uneven because her movements came out sloppy and she was already out of breath.

As he swooped in she twirled around and sliced at his elongated tendrils with ease using one hand before slamming her heel to his side. He gasped in pain and slammed against a tree and it toppled over upon impact. She took this opportunity to regain her composure, swallowing. Her breathe came out labored. Her head spun and she clenched her teeth.

His kagune sped towards her with plummeting speed and she sliced at the two but the third one flew past her, slicing her shoulder.

She groaned and staggered back.

He suddenly rushed at her again and she dodged his tentacle, releasing a loud groan of frustration as she sliced at his tendrils with maximum speed as she inched closer and closer before slamming her dagger against his throat, lodging it there.

Koji chocked and staggered back, grasping to take out the shard as blood trickled from the wide barbaric cut. She panted, sweat making her (H/C) stick to her face as she kicked him back.

He yanked the blade out and remained on the grass, choking. She didn’t trust it so she slammed the other blade against his stomach and watched as he gasped and choke on his own blood.

Staggering back, (Y/N) leaned against the tree, holding her stomach. She squeezed her eyes shut, sticking to her face. She was out of breath and she was afraid she’d give birth then and there. Her stomach ached and she felt her knees go weak. No, not here..

Suddenly her eyes widened as she gasped in pain and was slammed back against a tree.

One of his tentacles shot out and pierced her left shoulder. She hissed in pain as he cackled out laughing as he slowly got up. (Y/N) gasped and slammed her hand against the kagune but it didn’t bulge. She had no weapon and her energy was leaving her.

His eyes were wide and he laughed maniacally with saliva drooping out of his mouth.

“This was a suicide mission. Either I die or I eat you, looks like I-”

Suddenly his head slipped off his shoulder as sharp shards of crystallized kagune sliced him to pieces mercilessly. (Y/N) slumped to the floor as his dead kagune dissipated. All her energy was gone, she felt tired. She wanted to sleep. She needed to sleep.

“Dammit!” She heard a deep husky voice curse before she was picked up in a matter of seconds. She felt like she was flying because of how fast he was running.

“No no no no no!” Ayato cursed, his teeth gritted as he spared a glance down at her. Her eyes were slipping shut, lashes grazing her cheeks and her eyes blanked out. Her shoulders were bloody and his jaw tightened.

“Stay awake, please stay awake!” He begged, racing through the forest to get to Aito.

“A-Ayato-kun.” She muttered, staring up at him through half-lidded eyes. His blue hair caught her attention. It was whipping around his sharp handsome face. They must be running really fast…or flying. It felt like they were flying.