{20}

(D/N) means Daughters Name.

This chapter is dedicated to Party-Punk, thisisnotkylee and meowwwwwww_

_____

After taking out Kaneki from the Dragon there was still a second, more powerful stem for the Dragon’s life source. Saiko was hospitalized due to the gas that seemed to transform people into ghouls by just inhaling it.

With Kaneki on their side now, they were confident that were gonna stan a chance at destroying the Dragon.

The day for them to take out the Dragon’s core came and Ayato has volunteered to head underground with Kaneki. As much as (Y/N) despised the idea, she knew it was wrong to want Ayato to remain with her where it was safe. He needed to do this and he had spent days studying the underground area so he was the obvious candidate for the job. Still, it didn’t make the situation any easier to cope with.

(Y/N) blamed the panic on her hormones flying around everywhere due to her pregnancy.

“I’ll be fine. There’s no way I’m dying before we pick a name for her.” Ayato told her with a confident grin.

Kaneki was waiting for Ayato. (Y/N) smiled and nodded. “Okay.”

“You think of a name while I’m gone. Tell me when I come back.” Ayato said, smiling reassuringly at her.

“I’ll try to think of a few good names.” (Y/N) shrugged sheepishly.

“Good.” Ayato kissed her forehead gently and knelt down, face leveled with her baby bump.

“I’ll be right back princess.” Ayato’s eyes twinkled with adoration as he said this and (Y/N) smiled.

When he left with Kaneki, (Y/N) felt restless. Cho was in the main hall tending to the humans turning into ghouls and Aito was in the control room, helping with analysis on the Dragon. Touka was sitting by Saikko’s side, watching over the blue haired girl. (Y/N) felt her stomach rumble and she looked down. It was still a shock even after four months going on five, whenever she’d look down and saw her baby bump.

She couldn’t sleep so she went over to Cho to see if they needed any help. The bright eyed pink haired girl look tired and she had bags under her eyes, yet still she squealed and hugged (Y/N) when she saw her.

At first Cho refused and said everything was under control but (Y/N) insisted, saying she was restless and had to do something. Anything, really.

“But but-”

“Come on, if I can’t fight I might as well lend a hand by helping out somehow here. I’m pretty good at bandaging, they taught us at the CCG Academy in America.” (Y/N) said.

Cho sighed and caved in, muttering, “Gosh you really are stubborn. Fine. Don’t go near the first group, at the far end of the hall a few nurses are there. They’ve run short of personnel, you can help bandage a few minor wounded there.”

(Y/N) sighed, “Thanks Cho-chan.”

“On the condition that as soon as you feel nauseous, or in any way you feel sick, you get your ass up to your room and sleep. Okay (Y/N)-chan?” Cho said. She could be the most relaxed and soft hearted person but when need be, she could be really stern.