“You were hiking you said? My husband and I like to walk when he has free time. Which trail were you on?” She asked casually as she busied herself by taking out the cup and so forth, all the while keeping her gaze on him from the reflection.

She saw him open his mouth, then close it. He was unsure. Bingo.

“The one up North I think, not good with remembering names I guess.” He chuckled absentmindedly.

(Y/N) shrugged. “I see.”

The one North would take him to the far west of the forest, not the east and his clothes were too Casual Friday for him to be hiking.

She opened the floor cupboard with her legs and busied herself to hide the movement with her legs.

“How much sugar do you prefer?” She asked, glancing over her shoulder.

He was sweating and looked a bit fidgety.

“One.” He said, “I have a sweet tooth addiction that I gotta get rid of so I’m cutting down on all sugar.”

“Better safe than sorry.” She said, turning to grab the jar of sugar. Her toes curled around the quinque dagger and she remained in that position.

“So you’re gonna tell me how long you’ve been a ghoul?” She asked casually.

She saw him freeze, eyes wide.

“W-what?”

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes, and swung the blade from the floor up using her toes. She grabbed it and threw it at him, this all happen in a blur-like speed. He disappeared from his sit and suddenly appeared next to her.

“You’re smart.” He growled, eye’s black and red.

She grabbed the cattle and slammed it against his head. He groaned and staggered back. She uses this to her advantage and opens the top cupboard, taking out a two long daggers made from quinque.

“How long have you been stalking me?” She asked, glaring at him.

The hot water burns healed and he picked up the knives on the counter, throwing them at her.

She dodged the bigger ones and deflected the small knives.

“Since the Dragon died. You see you’re the perfect meal; A human with a ghoul human hybrid baby inside of you. That’s right, I knew then that I had to take a bite but I had to wait until you were alone and close to giving birth. If your boyfriend was here it’d be a hell but no.You’re not gonna put up much of a fight with that giant baby bump.” He cackled manically.

“Husband.” She corrected him,” And good luck because I was raised by ghouls.” She growled and reached over, upturning the small table and tossing it at him. He smashed it into pieces but realized that it was a diversion. She was gone and the backdoor was open.
He went outside and saw her standing a bit further away, daggers in hand.

“I can’t hope to run. That would be a waste of my time and energy. And my husband spent a shit tone of time fixing our home up; I’d rather not have your blood staining my walls.” She said in a low deathly tone with her eyes narrowed.

Koji’s eyes widened. She had completely changed, it was as if she was a completely different person when she was fighting, calm, collected and deadly

“So this is the infamous (Y/N) (L/N).” He smirked.

She said nothing in response.

The man suddenly lungs at her, three snake-like tendrils aiming for her. She jumps back, landing unsteadily on her legs as her hand upon instincts rest on her stomach.