Mimicking lessons

"Hey Sophie!" Grady yelled. "You never told me that Sencen boy was coming over."

Uh oh. If she didn't get down there immediately, there was a very good chance that Grady would kill Keefe. Her heart was going a million miles an hour as she raced downstairs to try and stop this impending disaster.

When she got there, she found Keefe looking extremely uncomfortable while Grady was on the verge of growling at him. Edaline just raised an eyebrow and smiled at Sophie. She felt her face  heat up. Why were parents so embarrassing?

"Hey Keefe!" Sophie tried to lessen the awkwardness, but her very red face didn't help.

"Why is he here?"

"I forgot to tell you that he is giving me mimicking lessons." She attempted to put on her most innocent puppy dog face to lessen possibility of Grady giving her a boy lecture. After Keefe left of course.

Grady just humphed and walked into the other room.

"Why don't you two head up to Sophie's room? I'll go talk to Grady and make sure he isn't having a meltdown." Edaline said, then smiled sweetly at them before following her husband.

"Well um sorry about that." Sophie said once they had gotten to her room.

"It's fine Foster, once Grady realizes you can't resist my charms and fabulous hair, he will like having me around." As if the statement itself hadn't made Sophie uncomfortable enough, it was followed by a wink.

Looking anywhere but at Keefe, she went for a not so subtle topic change.

"Uh... So how do we start the mimicking lesson?"

"Well... how about you mimic me. Ok here goes. Keefe Sencen is soooo cute and has the best hair! He is so much hotter than guys with teal eyes. Plus, ms Stink bottom is way better than Mr snuggles. I mean come on, a gulon versus a sparkly dragon." He said all of this with a huge smirk, and made sure to make eye contact with Sophie at least once. She quickly looked down at her feet.

"KEEFE!!!"

"Ok fineeeee. You know I had to try. We'll go for something boring like I am Sophie Foster, and I am the savior of the Elvin world."

She shot him a pointed look, and he immediately backed down.

"Ok ok just say the first part. I am Sophie Foster."

She tried to repeat it, but her voice was at least two octaves deeper than Keefe's, and it sounded like a four year old trying to be like their grandpa. Keefe has to cover his mouth to stop himself from dying of laughter.

"what are some tricks I could use?"

"Well, first try to match the pitch, but then focus on the dips and changes in their voice." He sounded so professional and unlike himself that it made Sophie giggle.

"What's going on Foster giggly wiggly?"

"Oh nothing... you just sounded so professional and smart." She broke down into another fit of laughter.

"Dang it! Did I ruin my prankster reputation?" He said with mock worry in his voice.

"Nah, I like it when you're smart." Right after Sophie said it, she realized how that sounded. "I mean... I like it when you're a prankster too, but it just so unlike you... a - and I" Sophie kept rambling until Keefe stopped her. 

"I know what you mean Foster." He said with a smirk.

When Sophie got the courage to look into his eyes, she realized how close they were standing. Her heart skipped a beat.

"Umm... well... uh." She didn't understand why his gaze made it almost impossible for her to come up with a coherent sentence.

"What's wrong Foster? Am I leaving you speechless?"

Just in time to save Sophie from having to come up with a reply, Grady walked in.