Sightseeing... almost

A/N: this takes place about five weeks after the lecture.

Sophie walked into her massive bedroom and found Keefe waiting for her.

"Hey Foster! Miss me?" She felt her jaw drop.

"H - how did you get Grady to let you in?" Edaline had gone to visit her sister, Juline, which left Sophie alone with Grady. She loved him, but he was especially hard on Keefe.

"Sandor convinced him." Keefe said with a triumphant smirk.

"Wait what?" Sophie had not expected that. On the subject of Keefe, Sandor had always been on the same page as Grady. And now her overprotective
bodyguard was convincing her father to side with the boy he hates? There was no doubt about it, something strange was happening.

"Awww Gigantor, you know you love me." Keefe teased, and then gestured to himself. "I mean... how could you not."

"I'll admit, he has grown on me." Sandor grudgingly acknowledged.

"Lord Hunkyhair triumphs once more!" Keefe yelled as he pumped his fist in the air. From the corner, Ro rolled her eyes.

"If anything, that hair is funky, not hunky." She said while polishing her bright blue claws.

"Hey! I could totally rock the funky look. Right Foster?" Sophie blushed as he winked at her.

Ro looked extremely annoyed. "Ugh our girl really needs to realize that..." Keefe cut her off.

"I think we've gotten off topic." He said with a glare at Ro. "Are you ready for an adventure?"

"Um, it's a mimicking lesson... how adventurous can it be?" Sophie asked, wishing she hadn't when she noticed the mischievous looks on Keefe and Ro's faces. Sandor looked slightly guilty as Keefe explained where they were headed.

"Come and find out!" Keefe held his hand out to her, and wiggled his eyebrows trying to intrigue her.

Sophie gave him a suspicious look. Nothing good could come out of Keefe looking this excited. She warily took his hand as Sandor and Ro completed the circle. Together they pulled her into the beam.

The view was breathtaking. Lush green hills met a cloudless turquoise sky. Flowers of all colors and sizes peppered the valleys. In the distance, sheer cliffs loomed. Everything in the Elvin world was pretty, but this was another level.

"What is this place?" Sophie breathed.

"Isn't it beautiful?" For some reason Keefe said the word beautiful louder than necessary. Before she could ask why, something light green was wizzing toward her face... and splat. She had light green slime dripping down her face.

"KEEFE!!!" She yelled, furiously. He wasn't even a little bit sorry. He was rolling around on the ground laughing.

"The look on ... your face ... was PRICELESS!" He said between laughs.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" she kept trying to make him see how much it annoyed her.

"Because it was hilarious, and you're cute when you're feisty."

The NERVE that child had to call her cute. How could he when he just tricked her into getting slimed? Despite her anger, she blushed under the slime.

That's when she noticed Sandor doubled over giggling.

"YOU WERE IN ON THIS TOO?!?" She screamed at him. Calming down a little bit, she analyzed the situation. "That's why you looked guilty earlier... but WHY?" She needed to know his reasons for betraying her so openly. I mean he was her bodyguard, wasn't he supposed to keep her safe from things like this?

"Well, when Keefe told me his plans, I just thought I wanted to have a little fun. Also, I could tell there was no changing his mind, so I thought it would be easier to go along with it."

Sandor's explanation didn't sound like him. He sounded... relaxed, and that was the last word Sophie would ever use to describe him.

"You've loosened up." She said, surprised. "That still doesn't explain what to do about this." Motioning to her slime covered face and clothes.

"Let's take you back to Havenfield so you can clean up." Keefe said, still chuckling. "I call holding a slimy Foster hand!" He yelled, before grabbing her hand and dragging the four of them back to the pastures.

The last thing Sophie said to Keefe before the light pulled them away was "I'm so getting you back for this."

A/N- Sorry I'm taking so long to get to the point. I promise that will happen in the next chapter!!