Chapter 3: Barry or Sebastian?

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Hey Sebastian, change of plans," Thad said. "We're running a little bit behind schedule so we'll pick you up at Lima bean around 10 instead. Sound good?"

"I'm not surprised," I said and chuckled. "Take it easy killer." Then we hung up. I thought I had spoken softly enough, but I guess I hadn't. 

"Barry?" I heard Cisco say. I knew there was no getting out of this one, so I turned around, revealing myself to the trio. 

Even though I knew they had been here for a few moments, I was still angry, hurt, and surprised.

"Cisco, Caitlin, Iris?" I asked. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to make sure you were ok," Cisco said. 

"Yeah I mean, you just ran out so suddenly, we didn't know what to think," Iris added. 

"I told you what happened," I said with an eye roll. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I couldn't control my Sebastian side, and now my friends were going to get hurt because I lied to them. Again.

"Medium drip with a shot of Courvoisier for Sebastian?" The barista said. I flashed her a classic Sebastian smile when I grabbed it, making her blush.

"Fancy," Cisco said looking at me in disbelief. 

As I took a sip of my coffee, I could see three more faces walk in. Familiar faces, but ones I would rather not see with my friends and wife here. 

"I mean come on Barry!" Iris said a little louder than I had hoped. I turned the group around so my back was to the store.

"Keep your voice down!" I said quietly, making sure they didn't know it was me. Iris was shocked, but I didn't have time to say anything. 

"Sebastian?" I heard the one, the only, Blaine Anderson say. I closed my eyes and sighed. Without giving my friends a second thought, I turned around and approached Blaine, Kurt, and Rachel, all of who had just walked in the door.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" I asked. "If it isn't gay cyclops and a young Barbra Streisand. It's been a while."

I then heard Kurt clear his throat, inconspicuously trying to point out he was there too. I decided in that moment I didn't care if my other friends heard me. They were bound to meet Sebastian at some point, so I guess here goes nothing.

"Oh Kurt! I didn't recognize you. You are wearing boy clothes for once."

"Funny," he said with a sarcastic grin, one of which I gladly returned.

"So, what brings you back to town?" Blaine asked, trying to keep it civil, even though I could tell he didn't like me either.

"I mean what else would drag me back to this dump you guys call Lima," I said with a chuckle.

"You know, this concert happening tomorrow isn't for your own personal gain," Rachel said. 

"Don't worry sweet cheeks, I am well aware of that. In fact, not only are we donating all profits to charity, the Warblers plan to double that."

I took another sip of my coffee while eyeing the three of them. "Oh Blaine! You should totally come sing with us."

"I don't know," he said debating it. I could see I was getting under Kurts skin. 

"Come on," I said trying to persuade him. "Your sex on a stick and sing like a dream."

"No Blaine here," Kurt said wrapping his arm around Blaine's, "will be singing with the New Directions."

"I agree with Kurt. As much as I miss the Warblers, New Directions is my home." I saw Rachel go and grab the coffees they ordered. 

"Shame," I said staring him in the eyes with my famous Sebastian glare. "Guess I'll just see you later then."

"See you tomorrow," he said. "Meerkat," Kurt said under his breath, and Rachel just gave me a sarcastic smile, which I gladly returned. I took another sip as I watched them walk out.

"What the hell was that?" I heard Iris half yell, drawing some heads. 

"Don't worry about it," I said turning around. I was starting to get frustrated.

"Don't worry about it? Did you hear yourself back there?" she asked again.

I just shook my head. "Barry, who the hell is Sebastian? Why did they just call you that?"

"Look," I snapped. I was pissed off. "If you had just given me the time I needed, I was going to be fully prepared to come back home and tell you guys. But you weren't. You followed me anyways, behind my back. Why can't you just trust me for like four days to do something?"

There was an awkward silence. "Nothing happened with your moms brother, did it?" Caitlin asked in a soothing voice. Probably trying to calm me down.

"I asked you to trust me," I said while simultaneously pulling out my phone. Thad texted, saying he was out front. 

"Barry, whoever that person was just now, that wasn't you." Iris was pleading with me at this point. 

"I have to go," I said grabbing my coat off a nearby chair I had placed it on earlier. I didn't even bother to say anything else. I just walked out and got in the car with my friends. I tried to cover it up, but I was really bothered with the fight I just had with Iris.

Iris's POV:

"Maybe Barry's right," Caitlin said after we watched him walk out and get into someones car. 

"What do you mean?" Cisco asked.

"We should have just waited for him to explain," she said. "He probably would've told us on his own time, when he was ready."

"By the looks of it," Cisco added, "I don't think he was ever going to tell us."

"So do we just go home now?" she asked.

"No," I said looking back at them. "Look, we did not come all the way to Ohio to give up this easily. Now we may be upset and hurt Barry lied to us, but there has to be a reason. So, we should go find him and try to approach this calmly."

"But did you see the way he just acted? There was nothing Barry about that. That was just..." Cisco said but he couldn't think of the word. 

"Sebastian?" I suggested. None of us knew who Sebastian was or what he was capable of, but what we did know was that we needed to find Barry and sort this all out.

"Next time we see him," Caitlin brought up, "even though we are all appalled at what just happened, we need to hear him out. Maybe this was just a one time thing."

"I hope so," I said looking back at the door. "Cisco, can you vibe him?"

"Yeah," he said taking Barry's wallet that I brought. Caitlin and I waited a few more moments before Cisco came back to reality.

"It looks like he is at a high school. Like an auditorium with a group of guys."

"Excuse me ma'am, what is the nearest high school from here?" I asked the barista.

"Oh you mean William McKinley High School. If you head out onto the street, take two rights, a left, and follow the road. You can't miss it."

"Thank you," I said rejoining Cisco and Caitlin.

"So what now?" Caitlin asked.

"We head to this school, and we find Barry."