iv. Failure is not allowed

Magsimula sa umpisa

This high school was clearly something else.

******************

Another yawn escaped her as she opened the door of her locker to change books for her next class. She could feel the weight of the exercise and the lack of sleep falling on her. There was not a single muscle in her body that was not contracting and she was not even talking about the pain her feet were going through right now.

It was pretty obvious to Freya that she could never have a night like the last again night.

Especially not with the approaching recital and even less with the representation of classical dance to prepare. She was going to have all of her time taken up by her activities. The start of the year had always been busy for Freya and her brother, but it was totally something else this time.

She was going to play her future.

Freya paused at the mere thought before looking up at the back of her locker. Not surprisingly, a new yawn escaped her.

"Well, well, well, we could almost believe that you had a crazy night."

Freya jumped at the sudden intervention from her right before immediately bringing her hand to her mouth to hide her yawn, somewhat embarrassed at the sight of Valerio pausing beside her with a broad smile

She closed her mouth, lowering her hand to explain."I got up early this morning."

"You arrived late." Valerio replied with a puzzled expression as he leaned nonchalantly as he put an arm on the locker next to her.

"Yeah, well--"

"Oh my god, what's that?" Valerio suddenly exclaimed as he saw the endless schedule taping on the inside door of her locker before tearing it off to take a closer look under the panicked eyes of Freya.

"Valerio! Give it back to me!" Panicked the brunette immediately as she rushed over to the brown to try to get her schedule back only he pulled it out of her reach at the last moment.

He immediately raised his long arms above his head to keep the schedule before giving a sly smile towards the little brunette."Why is it important? What can you hide, huh?"

"I'm not hiding anything. It's just a schedule. Give it back to me now." Freya insisted as she hoisted herself on tiptoe to try to get it back.

However, Valerio left a visibly amused chuckle before turning his back on her to read the contents of the schedule."Let's see, classical dance at 5:00 am, the piano, fencing, what-"

"Give it back to me!" Hissed Freya as she ended up snatching her schedule from his hands before shaking her head in annoyance as she returned to her locker to tape her schedule again.

"What's all this? Are you some kind of super-trained assassin straight out of the red room?"Valerio asked as he approached the little brunette, clearly intrigued now before raising his eyebrows in anticipation at the sight of her scowl."What? You're Russian, right? This is where your name comes from ... Bjørkaas."