Mus'ab Bin Umair رضي الله عنه

Falling in Love with Sahaba💗

Mus'ab Bin Umair رضي الله عنه

He lies buried in the blood-wet earth of Uhud, feet covered by scented grass and body wrapped in a woolen sheet, not sufficient enough to cover him completely.
He was a pampered son who wore the best clothing his rich mother's money could buy.
His itr scented the streets as he walked.
He was the talk of the belles of Makkah, the jewel of his peers eyes, the most flamboyant young man of the Quraish.
He left a life of self-pleasure to gain the pleasure of Allah.

Mus'ab bin Umair one day heard what the people of Makkah had begun to hear about Muhammad صلي الله عليه وسلم and his religion and this lad was the most attentive of listeners.
He decided to approach Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم to determine the truth of his message.
One night, instead of joining his friends in their customary revelry, he made his way to Dar-al-Arqam. Mus'ab رضي الله عنه sat down amongst the gathering of the faithful and heard Nabi صلي علىه و سلم
reciting verses of the Quran. From that moment on, he forgot his life of luxury and discovered the key to eternal life.

Mus'ab's path to Islam was not easy. His mother, Khunnas bint Malik, who was feared by her sharp temper and sharper tongue was his chief opponent.
In order to avoid unpleasant confrontation with his mother, Mus'ab رضي الله عنه concealed his Islam from her. However, people found him frequenting Dar Al Arqam and saw him coming under the influence of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم.
It wasn't long before news of his conversion reached his mother.
When Mus'ab refused to leave Islam as per his mother's commands, she had him shackled and imprisoned in a corner of the house.
News of the first hijra reached Mus'ab and how his heart longed to join his brothers. He managed to delude his mother and the guards and escaped to Abyssinia with other emigrants.

When Mus'ab returned from Abyssinia, his mother resolved to imprison him again but he vowed that if she attempted that, he would kill all those who assisted her in locking him up. She knew the intensity of his determination and so, she bade him a final farewell, crying bitterly:
"Go away, I am no longer your mother!"
At this, Mus'ab went close to her and said: "oh mother, I am advising you and my heart is with you, please bear witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His servant and messenger."
Enraged, she swore, "By the stars! I will never enter your religion to degrade my status and weaken my senses!"

Once, a group of Sahaba were sitting with Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم when they saw him approach. They lowered their heads and shed silent tears at the sight of the pampered youth moving about worn-out patches, held together by thorns.
When he left the gathering, Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم said: "I saw Mus'ab and there was no youth more petted than he. Then he abandoned all that for the love of Allah and His prophet."

Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم despatched Mus'ab رضي الله عنه to Madina, to teach its inhabitants Quran and the regulations of Islam. It was through him that great men such as Usaid bin Hudair and Sa'ad bin Muaz became Sahaba.

He was martyred in Uhud, after bravely combatting the enemies.
After the battle, Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم
Came to the battleground to bury the martyrs. Pausing at Mus'ab's body, he shed many tears.
There wasn't enough material to cover Mus'ab... He left nothing behind except a sheet of shredded woolen cloth that didn't cover his feet.
Allah light up his resting place with divine noor and imbue our hearts with the love and recognition of the Sahaba رضي الله عنهم أجمعين