Chapter 24: You Are Mine

Start from the beginning

For three weeks Christopher seemed so upset with himself as I could see him staring at me like he really had something on his mind. Like when we eat breakfast he stares me like I'm the only person in his world at the moment. And then at school yesterday I was in the library studying for my geometry test and Christopher happened to be there with Garret and Logan and also Aaron. Wearing their football jackets letting us know they are the Wolves. And it makes me just feel quite at where I am and where I belong seeing him there but I was still mad at him just like I am now.

It's a Saturday morning and I wish to have time to actually sit and think about it. And Victoria and Logan have officially started dating in which I'm glad. Christopher is friends with Logan now even though they both dated April.

"Your doing it. By doing nothing. Because a sorry is not gonna fix it." I said.

He put his hands through his hair in distress. "Emma, I will do anything to make it up to you. I really am sorry. More sorry about anything that I've ever done. I just want us to go back to how everything was."

He sighed. "How everything was? Oh you mean...the secret relationship?"

"SSH!" He hissed. "Our parents might hear us."

At this point I honestly didn't care. Our parents are close enough to knowing as it is. And somehow I can't just act like everything he's done hasn't pissed me off. And when April told me that night that Christopher was only pretending to not want to be with her...it's not too far fetched when I think about it.

   "Christopher, are you still in love with April?" I said bluntly.

   "I had what I had with her. And that's it. April is my past. And your dwelling on it still." He scoffed, acting like this would be a surprise.

  "Okay. But you spent two hours out on that night after I got home. Where were you for two hours?" I said, feeling my jealous streak come out again.

   He started brewing coffee from the coffee machine on the countertop.

   "I told you. April and I were talking. She fell asleep and I took her home. We were talking for a while. I didn't even realize it had been two hours." He said.

     I'm kinda glad I have the ability to tell if someone isn't being truthful or honest. And Christopher isn't even telling me the truth. And it's definitely killing me.

  "Did you sleep with her?" I snapped.

  Unfortunately I had seen his expression turn pale. And I know he did. I know he slept with April. And I know he's terrified to admit it to me. But not telling me is hurting me more. Who does he love? April or me? None of it makes sense at all.

    "No, I didn't." He denied slowly after being silent.

  "Well it's funny...because I just don't believe you." I scoffed.

   "Emma, I promise you I didn't sleep with her. We were only talking. For just a while. And then she fell asleep. I drove her home. And I carried her inside her to her room and that was it. Nothing happened." He said excusing himself but my judgement didn't listen to his excuse because I just can't see him going into her room without having to get off. Plus, April was stunning that night. How could he not wanna have sex with her?

  "Maybe if you were honest to me I wouldn't be judging you." I said.

    He threw his hands up in the air and he was just infuriated himself but I don't need to say anything because I know deep down he did sleep with her but he's scared to tell me.