Magical Pokémon Journey shippings

AlienShipping

Coconut ♥ Hazel

InformationThis ship isn't very popular, but some fans think it would be a fun way to end the love triangle between the two girls andAlmond.

Name origins

Alien is derived from the "fake" preview at the end of the first Magical Pokémon Journey graphic novel, featuring Coconut as an exaggerated alien who would come to take over.

BurnShipping

Charmander ♥ Eevee

Information

Hints

In a sidebar in one of the chapters, the author describes her decision to make Eevee brainy instead of fluffy, and states that she thinks most of the fans prefer him that way. She goes on to add, "I think Charmander prefers him this way too!" (This is considered a meta-hint.)

Boys Are Cool!

When Eevee decides to go on a date instead of playing with his male friends, Charmander gets intensely jealous.

Trivia

While a couple of hints exist for this couple, it's essentially non-canon, as Eevee winds up dating Lu, and Charmander seems to develop a crush on Chiko.

KaishaShipping

Machamp ♥ Vaporeon

Information

This is one of the few canon pairings, where romances involving two Pokémon are not rare to the series.

Facts

They start out with secret, mutual crushes on one another. With the help of other characters, they become a couple.

Name origins

Kaisha is derived from a portmanteau of Kairiki and Shawaazu, the Pokémon's Japanese names.

ShurikenShipping

Walnut ♥ Apricot

InformationThis is one of the few canon pairings; Apricot is actually in love with Walnut, while Walnut is in love with Apricot, though he doesn't realize it at first.

Facts

They secretly harbor crushes on one another; Walnut is in love with Apricot's unmasked self, while Apricot is in love with Walnut's ninja self.

They eventually reveal their feelings for each other and enter a relationship.

Storyline

Every morning Apricot comes into Walnut's bakery to purchase bread, not wearing her ninja costume. Upon seeing her, Walnut fell in love at first sight, not knowing that his "Afternoon Angel" was actually his sparring partner. In his ignorance, he's gone so far as to say that he hates Apricot, and that Apricot is a devil while the girl he likes is an angel.

Name origins

Shuriken is derived from the traditional ninja weapon, which both characters are seen wielding at numerous times in the series.