ContestShipping: May X Drew

Now That's Flower Power! In Drew's first episode, Drew seems to like her from the moment he sees her, because he would not make fun of her act if he never saw it. He seems genuinely unhappy when May did not finish their battle.

Win, Lose or Drew! Drew's second appearance on the television series introduces the recurring theme of Drew giving May roses. Drew hands his rose to May who stares at it in surprise. She blushes and thanks him for the rose to which Drew responds with, "It's not for you, it's for your Beautifly! It looks like the Coordinator still has a lot of training to do."

Pros and Con Artists! After May's Beautifly performs its failed Gust and String Shotcombination, Drew appears and makes a negative comment about May's ability as a Coordinator. He openly flirts with May this time, claiming that he's flattered that she remembered his name and subsequently hands her a second rose. Before he leaves, he warns May to not "get her hopes up." His excuse for coming to talk to her was to see Beautifly, a common excuse at the beginning of the series.

Come What May! Upon receiving her first ribbon from the Fallarbor Contest, May is congratulated by Drew, who delivers his third rose. Upon receiving it, May asks Drew rather coyly if the rose is for Beautifly again, indicating that she has suspicions as to the true nature of his roses. Drew slightly admits that the roses aren't really for Beautifly as he responds to her question with a dubious, "Yeah... Something like that..." This shows that the rose is obviously for May. Since a single red rose represents love, this can mean Drew has very special feelings for May.

Disaster of Disguise At the beginning of the episode, Drew is facing a masked opponent. After being defeated, he runs into Ash and company at the Pokémon Center. He greets May, but completely ignores Ash, Max, and Brock, even when Ash accusingly says "You mean you lost?". Drew tells then May he won't be entering the Contest because he didn't think Roselia would be well enough to battle. May is shocked, but she also seems disappointed she won't be able to see him. When Drew says there is a very strong Coordinator named Phantom she takes him very seriously.

Disguise Da Limit A few scenes in this episode shows Drew watching the Contest in the audience. Many wonder why he even came to the Contest because he was not competing in the Contest, and he could have been spending time comforting his badly injured Roselia; yet, he chose to go see May compete. During the episode, Drew is constantly commenting on how much May has improved. Whenever something goes wrong, like when Skitty's Blizzard failed, he looked extremely concerned and nervous,but when she was doing well, he looked really happy; almost as if he felt exactly what May was feeling. Later, Drew is surprised that May had won, but also shows that he's very happy for her.

A Fan with a Plan When Drew's fangirls are surrounding him, May seems upset that he is more popular than her. Later, when Savannah says it would be an honor to compete with her and Drew, she says, "Well, maybe Drew..." When she finds Drew practicing she watches from behind the bushes, until he tells her to come closer. Then they compliment each other on their new Pokémon.

Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut? One scene includes a closeup of May and Drew holding hands while falling down a cliff. When May sees that Drew is unconscious, she looks extremely concerned, and she immediately tries to keep Drew's head above the water and tells him not to worry because she's got him. After being pulled out of the river by the Wynaut, May is seen begging an unconscious Drew to say something. When he wakes up, she says "Thank goodness you're waking up" and looks extremely happy and relieved. Another interesting thought is that both May and Drew rescued the other; May rescuing Drew while he was about to drown along the river and Drew rescuing May from Team Rocket. Also, when May says that Brock would know what to do, Drew looks slightly jealous. Additionally, when May joins in the Wynaut's little "party," the camera sequence indicates that Drew is watching May closely.