PearlShipping: Ash X Dawn

When Pokemon Worlds Collide Dawn displayed worried expressions when one of Team Rocket’s Machine Tentacles hit Ash, even though she had just met him. Later she suggests that she should travel with Ash and Brock, saying that she could spend more time with Pikachu. She may have used Pikachu as an excuse to get to know Ash better. Also, Dawn didn't apparently tell Ash about Pikachu burning her bike with an electric attack (she will later do in DP038).

Dawn of a New Era! Dawn feels Ash does not respect or acknowledge her, and both argue with one another throughout most of the episode. Hoping that in doing so Ash will come to recognize her abilities as a Trainer, Dawn challenges Nando to a battle. In the end, after Nando manages to explain to them that their argument is baseless, Ash and Dawn exchange apologies, thereby strengthening their new friendship.

Setting the World on its Buneary! During a particularly bad hair day, Dawn becomes self-conscious and refuses to let Ash or Brock see her until after Piplup is able to address the issue with BubbleBeam. Her problem remedied, Dawn next asks a hygiene-illiterate Ash if he would like his hair done too.

Mounting a Coordinator Assault! Dawn comments on how awesome Ash looks when making his appeal in the Jubilife Contest. Later, while running to the stage to perform her own exhibition, she meets Ash and the two exchange their first high-five (even if looks like Ash started to raise his hand first). Noticeably the scene where they clap their hands is slowed and has a full-white background; also, in the japanese version there's no background music and the sound of the hands meeting is very loud.

Wild in the Streets! When Ash starts a new training with the Pokémon he used in the first battle against Roark, Dawn offers him to use her Piplup for the battle, since it's a Water-type Pokémon (however, Ash refuses, saying that he wants to use the same team). Later, just as Aerodactyl is about to severely injure Ash and Pikachu with its Hyper Beam, Piplup and Buneary used Bubblebeam and Ice Beam, respectively, to stop the attack. Dawn rushes over with her Pokémon and specifically asks Ash if he is okay.

O'er the Rampardos we Watched! Dawn dons a cheerleading outfit while she and her Pokémon cheer for Ash. Ash is thus able to find find the confidence necessary to winning his first gym badge in Sinnoh. Neither Misty nor May ever went to such lengths in any of Ash's battles, instead choosing to more passively sit on the sidelines when cheering, however Iris cheered Ash on with a bass drum and face make-up during his battle at the Virbank Gym. Dawn reprises her role as Ash's cheerleader twice over series' run.

Settling a Not-So-Old Score! After Dawn has won her first Pokémon Contest, she exchanges the second high-five with Ash.

The Champ Twins! When the gang meets the Champ Twins and they ask for a double battle, Dawn offers herself as Ash's partner for the tag battle, insisting even Ash is unsure because she's a bit unexperienced. After they lost the first battle they continuely argue, stopping when they see that also Piplup and Turtwig were quarreling for the battle. Dawn is the first of the two to apologize. When they win the rematch, they have a double high-five.

One Big Happiny Family! Dawn tells Ash she doesn't mind of Ash burning her bike before the beginning of their journey, because it was a warning situation and they had Team Rocket following them.

Tag! We're It...! Dawn has just lost the HeartHome Contest, but Ash has bought her a ticket for the HeartHome tag tournament. After having some doubts, she acceptes Ash's inviting, getting temporarily over her sadness for the loss, probably because Ash insisted.

The Keystone Pops! After Ash accepts to battle Spiritomb, Dawn seems very worried about Ash getting hurt and says "Please be careful, Ash".