CannonShipping

Brock'sHormonesShipping

Flint ♥ Lola

Facts

They are spouses.

They have ten children, including Brock, Forrest, and their eight younger siblings.

Flint tends to let Lola get away with things, unable to say no to her. Her powers of persuasion (her flirting) usually leads to compromise, generally in her favor.

They were, at one point, the Pewter City Gym Leader.

Their relationship is at the center of several dilemmas.

Storyline

Flint originally abandoned his wife and children to eke out a living as a Trainer. Between then and his return, so did Lola abandon the remainder of the family to do the same. Flint returned to care for the Pewter Gym and Brock's siblings once Brock left Pewter.

Lola reappeared seasons later, taking over the Gym. Flint has, at some point, worried that Lola was getting tired of him, as she's known to start hobbies and drop them just as quickly; she admits he's the one thing she was never tired of.

Name origins

Brock'sHormones is derived from the idea that Brock got his hormones from them (factoring in the amount of children they have).

DivergentShipping

Joshua ♥ Erica

Episodes

Mean with EnvyPacifidlog Jam

Facts

They are romantically linked.

Their relationship was a cause for their actions towards a main character.

Storyline

Erica dreams of being the first couple to win the Pacifidlog Contest.

Erica believed May was trying to steal Joshua away from her when Joshua began avoiding Erica (due to the tenacity of her Contest training) and talking to May in result.

ShakespeareShipping

Romeo ♥ Juliet

Episode

Love at First Flight

Facts

They are romantically linked.

Their relationship was a direct cause of the episode's plot.

Storyline

Romeo spent the entire episode being affected by Juliet's presence, messing up the routine due to his nervousness caused by his feelings for her.

When they were younger, they promised to get married once they grew up; Juliet even kissed Romeo on the cheek. Both now grown, Juliet holds him to that promise once she is directly told by Romeo his feelings.

Miscellaneous

Romeo's Volbeat, Beat, and Juliet's Illumise, are also romantically linked.

Name origins

Shakespeare is derived from their homage to William Shakespeare's famous play Romeo and Juliet.

TimeWarpShipping

Jonathan ♥ Edna

Episode

Time Warp Heals All Wounds

Facts

They are spouses.

They have a known daughter together, who gave them their granddaughter Katrina.

Their relationship was a direct cause of the episode's plot.

Storyline

Prior to the beginning of the episode, Jonathan died due to an accident a year after leaving town; Edna, at the time before his departure, was pregnant with their daughter, and only tried to tell him the day he was leaving, chasing him down in hopes of catching him before he boarded the train. She did not make it. In denial of his death, Edna waited every day at the train station since. Given she is a grandmother by the time she is introduced indicates her level of devotion to her husband.

Due to May, her Squirtle, and Meowth's interference in the past, Edna is able to tell Jonathan that she's pregnant, altering their personal timeline. As a result, in the present, they are still married as an elder couple and help May hatch her Egg.

Name origins

TimeWarp is derived from the English name of the episode, as well as the depicted time travel May and company experienced to correct their future.

In the Pokémon Adventures manga

TunnelShipping

Riley ♥ Wanda

Facts

They are in a serious, committed relationship.

Their relationship results in marriage during the Emerald chapter.

Name origins

Tunnel is derived from their relationship, in both the manga and game, through the Rusturf Tunnel.

In The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga

RocketShipping

James ♥ Jessie

Facts
The Electric Tale of Pikachu

They are spouses.

They have a child together.

Name origins

RocketShipping come from the fact that they were both members of Team Rocket