CHAPTER 13

*Lisa*

Heedless of time, hours of darkness came encompassing the area where cold breeze of wind exists. carefully carrying a petite and slender body of Jennie beneath my arm, as if it was a very fragile and vulnerable thing for me. I gently placed her in front of the passenger seat and went to the driver's seat, staring at the blind woman, I noticed how she embrace herself trying to warm her own body.

"You're a crazy woman Jennie." I told her as I proceeded on drying her with the use of a towel.

"You don't have to dry me off, I'm fine." She answered. But the stiffness and trembling body is evident due to the coldness that she felt. Her soaked clothes clinging on her skin, exposing every curve in her body. I averted my gaze from what I've witness and went outside, walking behind the car, I looked for extra clothes of Jennie in the trunk.

"Were you trying to kill yourself again just like what happened on the train station?" I chastised the blind woman as I went inside the car. She then let out a serene laughed.

"at first I was really curious about who among our parents resembles you the most. But now it's clear to me that you resembled the most of our mother. Someone who nags a lot to the point it irritates me." she smiled, and it's the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen, something that would ease the heavy feeling within your chest. I can't help but to smile as wide as I can.

"Let's go home now Jennie." I said, starting the car's engine.

"But I don't wanna go home tonight." She demanded.

"Then where'd you wanna go?" I heaved a sigh.

"Let's look for a place tonight, but I prefer to walk though."

"Then, I'll park the car here." We got out from the car, walking along the wooden bridge where the sound of our footsteps is the only thing that could be heard.

"Chaeyoung told me a story about you and your first love, she also said that it was her older sister. what's her name? was she pretty? Is she kind? When was your first kiss?" she bombarded me with her questions.

"I can't remember." I answered calmly. Trying to get myself busy with the snow scattered around the ground.

"Liar." She said. I tilted my head gazing at her direction as she kept on walking with her cane on her hand.

"I don't want to talk about her, she's dead." Her mouth went agape from what I said.

"why don't we talk about—" I was intervened. A lodging house caught my attention. I swiftly grabbed Jennie's hand and brought her inside the place.

Inside the room, Jennie positioned herself on the couch not minding the silent atmosphere. She laid her back and began to exhale deeply.

"If you want to sleep, go to the bed." I told her, my sight was engrossed by the view outside the window as the moonlight struck on the glass.

*Jennie*

All of a sudden, Lisa went out the room. But after a couple of minutes she came back, hearing a rustling sound of a plastic bag and bottles clanking.

"What was that?" I asked her, completely oblivious of the thing she brought with her.

"Nothing. I thought you're already sleeping." Her figure went on the side of the bed, slumped herself on the floor as she took out something from the plastic bag, and a popped a bottle.

"Is that an alcohol?" I furrowed my brows. A faint smell of alcohol lingered the area.

"I can't talk about my first love when I'm completely sober." I went towards her direction and sat on the ground beside Lisa. she then covered my body with a warm blanket.