CHAPTER 1

On some desolate country road covered in snow, a woman leaves a baby and some blankets. for one last time, the woman took a glance at the innocent baby giving off a sorrowful look before hurrying away.

A woman lying on a king size bed gasped as she woke up from a dream, then started to shifts and sighed deeply, she squeezed her eyes closed wanting to forget everything from that dream.

"Does a person need a reason to live, can a person live life without any purpose?" She thought to herself, oblivious with the person beside her, sleeping and snoring in small sounds.

*Lisa*

I sat up from the bed, massaging my temple as I felt my head throbbing in pain possibly the cause of non-stop drinking of alcohol. Then I heard my phone vibrated from a little table beside me. I started sliding my hand from my nape squeezing and looked up to the wall clock, 10:23 P.M. it says. I stood up from the bed, ignoring the continuous sound coming from the phone on the table. Looking in front of the mirror, a slender figure leaning on the door was evident through my peripheral view, wearing my sweater, and a panty, leaving her pearl-like legs exposed within my eyes.

"When did you wake up?" I asked, and started splashing the running water from the sink to my face.

"Just when you started running the water. you know, you should answer those calls from your friend. It kept bugging me from my deep slumber." She stated, waving my phone as I looked at her reflection in the mirror.

I leaned both of my hands within the sink, turning off the running water. As I looked again in the mirror, a deep and husky sighed was the only sound I could do.

"I gotta go, Taehyung is probably waiting for me in the casino." I took the phone from her hand giving me an awful look.

"before that, can we talk? I've got a lot of important things to say." She started caressing her hair and sat on a couch facing my back.

"Is it-" a call from Taehyung interrupted me from talking. I answered the phone while staring at the girl in front of me with a gloomy face. I gave off an apologetic look before talking within the line.

"Hey, where are you? I've been calling you for god knows how many times!" a cold voice came over the line, grumbling and shouting in a friendly way.

"I'm on my way Taehyung, I ended up sleeping right after drinking." Wandering my hands inside the closet to find a clothes to wear for tonight's event, which is to play and to win a large amount of money from those bastards having a big name in industry.

"Okay, meet me outside the casino at 12. I'll give you the details of this person you're supposed to play with. He's one of the big fish, and pretty sure that's a lot of money." Right after the talk, he ended the call.

"Son of a pig" I muttered between my breaths. And threw my phone on the bed, unaware of the stabbing looks that the girl was giving to me. Then I took my clothes, wore a white tank, combining it with a dirty white turtle neck completely surrounding my long and slender neck, a black tight pants, white shoes and a maroon long sleeve overcoat made of wool to secure myself from snow and cold breeze outside.

I noticed the uncomfortable silence inside the room, I looked and stood in front of the girl, kneeling and leveling her face.

"I'm sorry, this is really urgent. Even Taehyung told me that this one is an important person, and I can't just neglect this one." I caressed her left knee, implying to forgive me as my eyebrow started to narrow in a soft way. She let out a soft sigh and stared right into my eyes.

"I really want to talk this thing with you, but I guess this conversation can wait." Her face softened and caressed my left cheek with her thumb.

"Thank you, I'll see you and we'll talk about it later." I pecked her soft lips and bid my goodbye as I closed the door.