CHAPTER 4

*Jennie*

Gloomy day as a heavy rain came pouring down the window of the car, road filled of color black, people wearing black, black cars, everything was pitch black. The car's engine began to stop, an unidentified figure of a person standing beside the window of the car carrying a large dark umbrella waiting for me to come outside. I heave a sigh and opened the door of the car, a lingering smell of lilies encompasses through my nose. A smell of death, sorrow, agony. Both of my eyes can't help but to let out a tear, a burning sensation traveled along my cheeks unable to suppress the heavy feeling I felt at the moment. On the verge of breaking down, a pair of hands grabbed mine sending a sense of comfort for my part.

"Why do you have to leave me all alone here?" I thought to myself as I blankly stare in the air, vagueness covered my sight as I hear the clanking noise of shovel burying the coffin of my beloved father. Indistinct voices started filling the place, implying that the ceremony ended. People began to gather towards me, giving their deep regards and sympathy. Father's sudden death was like a set of daggers being stabbed within my chest without me knowing. For a moment, a sense of tiredness began filling the void of my body, I took out my walking stick and started striding my legs away from the noise, letting myself get soaked from the heavy downpour of the rain.

*Mr. Jang*

I let myself inside the office of Mr. Kim, a comfortable atmosphere was all over the room knowing I've always been here, discussing business and whereabouts of his missing wife and daughter. For a couple of years, there was no time Mr. Kim neglected his desire to find them. It was his only goal before passing away, but his target was never met. Making me feel more worthless as his righthand in this industry, a failure to begin with. Observing the cozy yet luxury room, where everything is neatly placed on their proper places, folders and papers aligned on the table, mess was never evident. I sat between the large couch facing a coffee table where an unusual door cabinet was slightly opened, I stood up and walked towards the wooden furniture taking a glance inside of it. There was nothing but a mere box, a gulp from my throat was made and a guilt building within my mind but a sense of curiosity took all over me. Opening the box, a stack of papers, letters and books was inside. all of it came from none other than Lisa, Mr. Kim's older daughter. Recipient's name was Jennie Kim.

Why would Mr. Kim hide all of these things to Jennie? This is really confusing me. If this was Mr. Kim's doings, then what's the purpose of his eagerness on finding his long-lost family? As far as I know, the only people who have the access on this room was Me, Mr. Kim, and Secretary Wang.

Secretary Wang, Secretary Wang, Secretary Wang... These words kept running through my mind.

But why?

I slid one of the letters to my pocket while I swiftly move the things back on its original state, avoiding to be spotted by anyone, specially Secretary Wang. Which I have no idea what motives she's up to.

*Lisa*

I heavily exhaled my breath, standing in front of a tomb. I bent my knees staring at the name engraved on the stone.

"Hey, how are you doing up there? Are you even having fun?" I chuckled a little then placed a bouquet of baby's breath on the grass beside the tomb. My eyes flushed a melancholic gaze towards the grave of Lisa, reminiscing the accident happened right in front of me. Stream of blood all over the ground and an unconscious body of her. I shut my eyes closed trying to forget the vivid moment on my mind.

"I'll make sure to deliver the things you wanted to give to your sister if I happen to meet her."
I stretched my legs up, glancing at the tomb one last time before leaving the cemetery. While on the road, Taehyung sent me a message, informing me that someone was looking for me at the house. I began to accelerate the engine of the car, oblivious of that person waiting for me.

As I arrived at the house, Taehyung was waiting for me at the gate together with Chaeyoung and a figure of a man wearing black suit unknown to my sight. I came out from my car, a man with white hair blending with his black hair, wrinkles was evident to his face, wearing oval eyeglasses and a serene face shown towards me.

"Lisa, He's been waiting for you, wanting to have a conversation with you." Taehyung said completely curious to what was going on.

"Hello Lisa, Do you remember me?" he looked at me with a smile on his face.

"uhm.." was the only thing I muttered, since I was totally confused at the moment right now.

"Sorry for bothering, but, can we talk? Privately?" tilting his glasses, feeling uncomfortable because of intense stare of Taehyung and Chaeyoung.

"T-Then let's talk at a nearby café." I said, leading him towards the car

At the café, I ordered a black coffee and a tea, placing it at the table in front of us.

"I'm Mr. Jang, you don't remember me Lisa?" handing a piece of card on me

Atty. Jang, Kim Corp. was the only thing I noticed.

"what do you want from me?" ignoring his question.

He then took a piece of paper from his pocket stretching his hands onto me. I opened it, and read the content of the paper.

To my sweet little sister Jennie,

How are you today? Are you feeling giddy? Sad? Scared? I don't have any idea since you never reply to my letters, but I'll be glad knowing that you're reading this. i really want to meet you again for a very long time ever since we became separated with each other. How's dad by the way? Is he alright? I'm sure his hair's full of white now, or wait he could be bald and that's the worst thing. Together with this letter is a book, which you might like since I knew you as someone who likes to read. Remember that I'll always be here for you. I miss you Jennie, I really do. And I love you with all my heart.

Your loving sister, Lisa.

"H-how did you know where I live?" I cleared my throat.

"uh. I guess from the letter?" he took a sip from his drink. Right. Before the loss of my apartment, Jennie's sister was living with Taehyung for a very long time.

My mind was astonished to this fast pace turned of events. From Mr. Jang, the letter of Lisa to her sister, Jennie Kim. like everything was leading me to what I wanted to happen. Feeling the guilt within my chest, made me clench my jaw. But paying my debts were the only thing I could think of and how big this opportunity is to help myself free from those bastards.

"Where's Dad?" I asked, completely taking the role of the other Lisa. I know this is wrong but, I need a large amount of money to pay off my debts.

Mr. Jang lowered his head, taking off his glasses then stared at me with a gloomy face.

"He died, a few days ago. I'm very sorry Miss Lisa." Wiping his glasses from his clothes, he sighed.

"What about Jennie?" I asked as if I knew the person I was talking about.

"She's at the Mansion, grieving for his father. She's having a hard time to cope up with the sudden events happening around her. But now that I found you, I hope it would be a large help to ease her pain. You're the only family left for her, same as you Lisa. You only have each other. Would you mind if you pay a visit for her?"

"You don't know how much I am dying to see my only sister, Mr. Jang"