CHAPTER 10

*Lisa*

It was already past midnight, when a sudden phone call woke me up from a deep slumber.

"Who the hell would call me at this hour?" I groaned as I reach my phone to the table beside my bed, not planning on leaving the area, but reading the caller's name I swiftly left the mattress. it was Chaeyoung.

"Thank God she picked up!" said from the other line

"What is it Chaeyoung?" I scratched my nape, still have no idea why she called me.

" 'What is it?', is that how you're supposed to greet me knowing you haven't contacted my brother and me for god knows how many weeks have passed?" Her voice seemed really pissed right now, Chaeyoung is a sweet, kind and caring woman but if you annoyed the hell out of her, better start running away. Even Taehyung is scared of her little sister.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry Chaeyoung. But what's with the sudden phone call?"

"Well, Taehyung was at the police station, don't worry Dad's already on his way to my brother." Staring at the window, I noticed that the lights from the basement was on, where a silhouette of a person is seen on the window glass.

"But the reason I called is because I needed to talk to you, I mean it's weird that we haven't heard a single thing from you and your whereabouts. Are you hiding something from us Lisa?" I got distracted by Chaeyoung's sudden question. I know that a time like this will come, that they will question my absence. I decided to tell her the reason and hope for the best to understand my situation. I heaved a sigh before responding to the girl waiting for me to talk through the line.

"I'll send you my address, and wait for you outside the gate. And please call me right away if you arrived the place and if you haven't seen me. I'll tell you the details later."

"Okay.. see you later Lisa." she hung up the phone, I know Chaeyoung will be here in any minute since the mansion isn't that far away from her location. Wearing my coat then proceeded on the downstairs to wait for the woman and to check that person from the basement. Opening the door, the cold atmosphere never fails to make my body shiver for someone like me who have a sensitive skin. My hand formed into a fist digging it deep into my coat's pocket, discreetly walking towards the basement.

Observing from the outside, the silhouette of a person began to move approaching the exit of the basement. My body flinched as I hurriedly hid myself behind the tree, waiting and glancing who the person is. With heavy breaths, clutching my hands on the trunk I tilted my head, completely hiding my body avoiding to be seen. The door opened and a figure of a woman came out, wearing a black turtle neck, white overcoat, and a gray jeans. Taking each step carefully as she held her walking stick for a guide, it was Jennie. Again. Curiosity disturbed my thoughts as I continued on waiting for the blind woman to vanished within the area, suddenly my phone vibrated that startled me for a second.

"I'm here in front of the gate, where are you?" a message from Chaeyoung notified my phone.

Looking at the area, Jennie was already gone. So, I went to the front gate where the latter is seen waiting for me oblivious by my presence. Calling her name, she gazed toward my direction. Her face was still the same, that innocent look she possesses, her blonde hair leveling her chest, a set of white teeth welcomed me, smiling but her eyes was filled of concern. I hugged her tightly and so as she, her body collapsed from the embrace asking me questions right away.

"Looking at the place, how did you get enough money to buy an enormous mansion like this?" her eyes were completely drawn by the place.

"It's not mine. But I've been staying here for a reason." I pulled her hand as we began to walk our way to the basement, where the lights were still on. Entering the room, a small door slightly opened caught my attention; ducking my head as I got myself inside, i never knew Jennie was careless as this. The place were occupied by Jennie's things, dust were evident all over the room and spider webs along the ceilings indicating that no one actually enters this place, a room where only the blind woman knows not until I discover it.