"Hey, what are we doin—" I stopped Chaeyoung from talking, sealing her mouth with my palm when I heard footsteps approaching from the basement. I dragged the girl with me hiding against the tall book shelf where our presence are hardly seen due to the shadow covering our figures.

"Stop talking, someone's coming. Don't make any noise if you don't want us to get caught." I whispered as I kept on covering her mouth with my hand. Chaeyoung's body froze as she witness the person from the door with a straight gaze on her face. unaware with our existence from the room, her hand began to locate the switch and turned it off. Jennie went outside silently, both me and the other girl gasp for air as we held our breath due to the tension we felt not wanting to be caught by the blind woman.

"What was that? And who's that woman? By the looks of it, she's blind, What the hell Lisa?" she sat on an empty chair as she deeply sighed. Wandering and observing the room, my eyes was distracted by a projector and a set of VHS tapes stacked within the dusty table. The projector is completely functional as I tried to open it and played the tape, a video containing happier times of little Jennie with her mother and sister. I felt my heart softened watching those moments of Jennie smiling and having fun, throwing snowballs to her sister as their mother laughed, a video full of joyful memories. Popping another tape, a video made by Jennie herself after her mom left her with Lisa. my heart began to sank in pure sadness seeing the little girl cries wanting her mother and sister back, despite of the heart-wrecking videos, I continued on watching the tapes. Another video of Jennie where she tells in front of the camera that Secretary Wang took her to Japan to cure her blindness but didn't actually do it, she lied to the Chairman, Jennie's father wherein the little girl insisted on telling that the old woman was lying but her dad didn't believe her. Feeling my sweat roll over my temple, I gently wiped it with the back of my hand as my eyes were focused on the projected video. Also, she revealed that she can see a bit and knew that Secretary Wang didn't brought her to the hospital. She cried and cried asking for her mom.

I was stunned from all the revelation, I was loss for words as my chest began to pound hardly. I came to my senses when Chaeyoung called my name, almost yelling.

"As far as I know, we're not here to watch some family videos. Care to explain what the hell is happening to you and why you're living on this mansion?" she sternly stated, tapping the wooden table by her finger.

"Okay, I'll spill the tea. But please understand the reason why I'm doing this."

I began on explaining to her everything in full details, from the moment Mr. Jang approached me, the part where I lied. Pretending that I am the long-lost sister of Jennie so that I could get enough money to pay my debts just to keep myself alive. At the end, Chaeyoung understood everything. Which gave me a sense of relief knowing it lessen the people I have to deal with.

"So that blind woman recently was Jennie?" She asked.

"Yes, that's the sister of the deceased Lisa." I answered calmly.

"Her looks were stunning. The way you look at those videos, and how much it interests you. Are you somehow attracted to Jennie?" My heart beats strangely due to her questions.

"That's nonsense" I scoffed. arranging the tape back on its original state preventing myself from leaving evidences. Outside the basement, Chaeyoung noticed the greenhouse beside the mansion. Her face pulled a gloomy look as she continued on gazing at the withered plants. I remembered that she was a florist, witnessing the condition of those plants inside the mansion pretty sure wrenched her heart.

"Can I come back here in the morning? Looking at those lovely things shriveled, hurts me." I smiled softly and patted her head.

"Decorating the greenhouse? I guess that's a good idea." I added. Her lips formed into a wide smile contaminating my heart with it.

"Then I'll see you later Lisa!" excitement was evident to her voice, as she left the area waving her arms up in the air to bid her farewell.

*Jennie*

Morning time, I was inside the bathroom, biting back the discomfort I felt. When I heard a sound of chime ringing outside, leaving the bathroom, a tall slender figure was standing in front of a window sill with her both arms raised in the air as if she's tying something on top of it. ignoring the person, I quickly walk myself to sit on the chair, Lisa suddenly spoke.

"You seemed ill. I can hear those retching sound you make from the bathroom, your face is also pale."

"I know you only need the money, don't act as if you really cared for me." I answered rudely.

"I came here to put the wind chimes on top of your window, which will always make a sound even after I completely leave this place." Her voice sound unhappy, disregarding my rudeness towards her. Despite of my discourteousness, part of me felt miserable. Knowing that Lisa will leave me, somewhere deep within my chest a stinging sensation is what I perceived.

Her figure lowered, knees bent over, facing me as she held my arms by her hands.

"Also, Chaeyoung is coming over the mansion to tend the greenhouse. She's a florist who's also like a little sister to me." I felt my hand turned into a fist, clenching my jaw from what I've heard. Another woman. Suddenly, my sadness turned into something different. Hearing her mentioning other girls name irritates me on a higher extent.