shindo

" BOY NEXT DOOR "
yo shindo

the boy next door to me, yo shindo was actually a good person. everyone at school says he's shady and all that but once you really get to know him he's really nice— not just a cute face.

yo shindo and i were friends. he's always been great to talk to and i'd like to think of him as a best friend. however, i don't know how he would feel about that. he has his friends, i have mine. we've known each other since i've moved here, which was about two or three—maybe four years ago.

i— well we, my mom and i moved because my dad made us move out. my mom really loved my dad it was just, i didn't think he returned the feelings. my mom would always drink when she got home from work, my dad didn't approve of that. so finally, when she got home from work one day a few years back, he said to pack. and i guess that meant me too.

i had a couple of siblings, they always had better grades than me and grew up with more powerful quirks. i guess that's why my dad didn't care for me.

out of all of that, the bad things that's happened in my life, there's one person that makes me feel like it never happened. and that's my best friend, the boy next door.

shindo and i usually go out on each others roofs and y'all about our day. sometimes we've even slept outside, sometimes it rained and we stayed.

today was different, i had a bad feeling when i got home from school and saw my moms car in the driveway.

it was odd, she was supposed to be at work until 6.

when i opened the cold doorknob, my mom was there on her brown recliner, holding a beer bottle.
"what the hell you looking at?" she slurred as i turned away, heading towards the stairs. "don't come out of your room tonight! i'm having a guy over!"

and with that, i had slammed my door shut. yeah, it hurt seeing your own mother not even care about her child. but really, what are you going to do?

i slid down the door, my eyes glassy from the tears yet to come. i sat there for a minute, and a minute turned into an hour, and hour turned into about four, and next thing i know it was nine.

i stand up, and get ready to open the door. when i twist it, the lock is heard. "of course she locked it."

i was hungry and needed to go to the bathroom, so i thought about just jumping from the roof.

as i opened my window and stood on the top of the home, i froze.

if i jump i'll pee my pants.

i sat there, probably for a good minute until i heard a deep voice from the house next door.

"ah, the girl next door comes again."

"ah, shindo. "

he chuckles, as he exits his bedroom window and sits on his roof, facing me.

"what's going on?" i give him a confused look, "nothing."

"oh really? because it kinda looks like you've been crying."

i look down to my hands, "it's nothing really."

"okay, that's fine, you don't have to talk about it." i look back to him and he's facing the sky.

"my mom." i stare at the sky with him. "oh?"

"yeah, she just has a guy over and i really didn't want to be in there." i laugh, still looking at one star in particular.

"i get that." he chuckles.

every night we talk out here. every night it's the same. we talk about school. maybe sometimes colors. sometimes i do talk about my feelings about my mom.

but tonight is different.

i don't know why it feels that way.

"how was your day at school?" i ask him.
"it was okay," he answers, "yours?"

"mine was okay too, didn't really do much. actually i was in the music room and inasa was playing the piano. that was probably the most funniest thing i've heard or like saw in my life— ooh do you see that star?"

i point up to a big star right above me.

"yeah i do! it's pretty." he smiles, then points up. "do you see that one?"

i smile again, "yes that ones beautiful." the stars he was pointing to was the little dipper. "ooh it's a constellation."

"constellations are so beautiful." i say, still looking up.

"do you see that one?"

i try to look for him pointing but he's not, he's looking straight at me.

"what one?" my eyebrows furrow, as i lean back on the house. he raises up his hand and points right at me.

"the one right in front of me," he starts,

"is the most beautiful."

requested by @/kenntnix
hope this fit your expectations 😳👉👈