Chapter 11- Marinette

Start from the beginning

All the emotions from struggling under Lila, crashing into me like a hurricane.
They tried to break me, I had enough of them pushing me around.

"Mama always told me that I should play nice,
She didn't know you when she gave me that advice.
I'm through, with you.
Your one bridge is like to burn,
Bottle up the ashes, smash the urn.
I'm through with you, la ti da
Don't wanna be your just for fun,
Don't wanna be under your thumb.
All I wanna be is done."

It was starting to get to me. Images of my friends leaving me, tormenting me, Adrien assaulting me, Chloé getting hurt. It was getting to me.

"All I wanna be is done,
With you selfish ways,
And all the games you play,
I'm through with you and everything you say.

Mama always told that I should play nice,
She didn't know you when she gave me that advice."

I could feel the tears prickling in my eyes. I shoved them back and forced a smile onto my face.

"Hey, oooh. I wanna be doonnne.
So done."

When the song ended they clapped, I gave a small smile before heading to the porch. The night air hit me like a blow to the face. I pressed a hand to my heart. I looked out at the city and frowned.
'Why did this have to happen. Everything was good, then Lila came, Chat turned on me.... why?'

"I can see the wheals turning in you head." I jumped and saw Berry standing next to me. "And I made that face almost everyday when I was little. Let me guess, bully?"
My frown deepened and I turned back to the city.
"Do you know what the best part about bully's are?"
I shrugged and shook my head. "They see the bad eventually."
I shook my head. I felt my hands tremble. "It's not like that with this one. She has caused multiple suicides. She turned everyone against me. I have tried to be on her good side, but I can't stand lying. So I told my friends that she was lying, they attacked me."
"I'm sure it's not that bad."
"They put me in the hospital four times."
I saw Berry freeze. I watched him process the information. "How did you get away?"
"Chloé. Her mother saved me and her. After Lila came, Chloé was my only friend. She and I, along with one other person, knew she was lying. Our other friend said to ignore her, she wasn't hurting anyone. I got expelled because of her. They let me back in, after she claimed to have a disorder."
I felt Berry place a hand on my shoulder. I felt a tear run down my cheek. The only one I let fall.
"Hey, it's ok now. You got away, your free."
I sighed "I know, but I have a bigger problem now. One that involves my old partner. He is apparently after me. So yeah, I escaped two villains already and now I have to deal with another."
Berry sighed before forcing me to look at him. "You, Marinette, need to stop worrying and enjoy yourself. Come on, let's go back to the party." He smiled.
I couldn't help but smile too. "I have a duet you and Kara should sing." I said as wiggles my eyebrows.
"Oh no. What is it?"
"You'll see."
When we went back in, Damian was waiting in the living room doorway. He rushed over and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his hip and smiled.
"I'm ok."
I felt more than heard him huff. "Uh hu, sure."
I giggled before heading back into the room.

"Alright, Kara and Berry! I have picked out your song. So you just have fun and try to remember the dance moves." I giggled
I turned on the song and they both groaned before laughing at the memory. They were both trapped inside a world of musicals and this song was one they had to create.

At the end we all burst out laughing and clapping. Berry and Kara were hugging and laughing. I could help it.
"Put a little love in your heart." I sang the line. It only set them off even more. After we calmed down, I saw Damian look extremely pleased. Which what? I will never know. After what felt like a life time, the party came to an end. William and Sarah were bonding, and ended up falling asleep on the couch. Sarah was curled up in Williams lap. A blanket was laid on top of her, and her hands were propped up under her check that rested on Williams leg. Williams arm was draped across Sarah's waist, the other holding up his head and he slept. I smiled before lifting Sarah up and taking her to her room. I changed her quick, Tikki helping out. After Sarah was tucked in, I walked back downstairs, only to be greeted by Oliver.
"Olly? What's wrong?" I asked
"Ummm. I wanted to ask you something?"
"Sure go ahead."
"How, do you know Sarah?"
I felt my eyes darken. I felt all the joy, get sucked from my body. "Not my place to tell."
He gave me a shocked look before nodding. "How do girls like You and Felicity fall for guys like me and Damian?"
I smiled softly, tenderly. "I don't know. Maybe it's the challenge to see you guys smile. For me, it's the fact, he listened to me. Even though feelings are not his thing. For Felicity, it might be the simple fact that you trust her, and are always there for her."
I watched as Oliver's frown turned into a smile.
"Come on, I have to go. Chloé is going to start freaking out, if I'm not back soon."
"Yeah. It was nice seeing you again, Mari."
"Good to see you as well, Olly."