Chapter 8- Marinette

When Chloe and Jason walked in with their fingers entwined I squealed. Then looked Damian in the face. Trying so very hard not to make my stitches worse.
"You owe me!" I yelled and did a mini dance on the bed with my arms. See how I can't move my hips or legs.
"Great. Thanks a lot Todd."
"What'd I do?" Jason asked putting both hands up, with Chloes hand still attached to his. Then realization sunk in. "Oh. Yeah, just now."
I was smirking from ear to ear. "You owe me a date Wayne."
I saw him groan, but the small smile on his lips told me he wasn't mad about it. If anything it was hopeful. Chloe looked back and forth between me and him. I gave a single nod, that's when she began squealing.
"You owe me a date Todd!" Chloé exclaimed
"You already declared I was going out with you, so I will pay for this one to make it fair." Jason smirked.
"Sure, lets call it that." Chloé said, returning the smirk.
I smiled as I realized that Chloé finally found someone to calm her down, other than me. I know that this brought up some very unpleasant memories. And she had a smile on her face, and a light in her eyes that has been gone for years now. I gave Chloé a knowing look, which she returned. Ugh. friends.
"So how long where you holding out on me?" I asked Chloe
"Since we got here. Jason and I met at a gala a few years back." She crossed her arms over her chest. "And you? How long have you been holding out on me?" Her smirk growing bigger.
"Since we met. Damian found me when I snuck away from dinner, when we first got to Gotham." I replied as calmly as I could. "I talked he listened. It was a nice change.....Will someone get a doctor please. The pain is starting to get to me." I said as I held back a hiss. Jason and Chloe looked at each other. Before raising their entwined hands in the air.
"Well, pushing the nurse call last time got Adrien here, so we'll go find the nurse. You two....get comfortable." Jason says as he dragged Chloé out of the room. Ugh those two. It was silent for awhile. Just sitting and looking around. Till Damian grabbed my hand.
"I owe you a date, where would you like to go?"
"How about a small cafe? Nothing too face, but nothing too low."
"There is a cafe, called Cherry blossom on Gotham Main. It's amazing. They have an amazing hot chocolate is good."
I giggled and gripped his hand harder, and nodded.
"That sounds good."
Damian kissed my head and smiled. It was quiet till the door opened and a nurse came in. She walked over to the monitor and started writing things down. Then turning to me she gave an all too cheesy smile.
"Good news! Your going to make a full recovery. You might get sour when it rains or when it you over use it the first couple weeks after the stitches are removed."
I released the breath that I didn't realize I was holding. Smiling I nodded.
"Thank you."
"Your boyfriend here can stay, as long as he doesn't disrupt you. He can help you try and walk, but it's going to hurt really bad. You will be discharged as early as tomorrow."
"He's not my boyfriend." I said, as the blush on my face got brighter and darker.
"Whatever you say kid."
"I'm not your boyfriend......Yeeet." Damian said with a smirk on his face.
I slapped a hand over my face and groaned. This is not happening. Or here. Not now. Why?!?!?
"You suck." I groaned out.
"You love me." Damian amended. I smirked, oh he left himself wide open for it.
"Yes I do."
My smirk only grew, as he became flustered. His cheeks turned a dark shade of red and he started stuttering. He tried to get words out of his mouth but only short clipped letters came out. I tried to stifle my laughter, but the nurse burst out laughing and I broke.
"You....Got him......good...." the nurse said between laughs.
"Thanks..." I wheezed
Damian covered his face and turned from our view. I slowly moved his face toward me and removed his hands. Still laughing, but more controlled.
"You so cute when flustered. You looked like a tiny cherry." I said with a small smile.
"....no I.... don't...."
"Yep, your ma cerise."
"UGH!!!"
I laughed hard, then proceed to groan and wince as my side started to intensify the pain already there. The nurse rushed over and lifted my shirt.
"You need to be more careful. The scab is coming undone. It could pop a stitch. You should be fine though. Just take these pills and make sure your boyfriend avoids touching your hip. Make sure you have someone help you when you shower and when you walk around. I am going to give you a wheel chair for a week. After then, you should be good to use crutches."
I bit back my groan. Why did I have to get hurt? AGAIN! I turned to Damian and smiled as I took the pills. Man they were big.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~ One Week later

It can't get worse. It can't. Every move without Damian or Chloe hovering over me. Luckily, the stitches were coming out tomorrow. I was wheeling my way around the hotel, trying to get to the bathroom, when a text from Kara came up.
Hey, Mari. Can't wait for karaoke tonight. Starts at 5. You have school starting soon, so we are trying to get you into a sleep schedule so be here at 4:30.
Crap. I forgot about that.
Can't wait. Do you by any chance have a ramp I could use?
Yeah??? Why?
I got into an accident on our walk home from your place and I am in a wheel chair with stitches in my hip.
.....
Hello?
Hey Mari, its Monel. What did you tell Kara?
Why?!?!? What did she do?
She dropped her phone and is now flying to see you.
WHATTT!!!! NO NO NO!!!!
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I wheeled over to my window and let Kara in. I gave her a small smile and wave. She frowned at me before looking at me. She slowly walked over to me and raised my shirt to look at my wound.
"How bad?" She whispered
"Not that bad...really..." She gave a look, and I sighed. "Shot and was in a coma for a few days. Had a run in with my classmate. You know, nothing bad. Besides I am healing faster than I should be. Thank Tikki for that."
Kara's frown only deepened. I could see the gears turning in her head. Than She got it.
"Mari, I want you to lay down on the bed. Tikki I want you to hover above her wound."
After getting into position, with the help of Kara, we waited for her to tell us what to do next.
"Mari, I want you to focus on the wound sewing back together, becoming whole again. Tikki, I want you to imagine transferring your healing to her."
I focused on Kara's words and pictured the wound closing and sealing. When I opened my eyes and saw a blinding pink light.