Thirty Seven.

Happy Nipsey Day (I'm 1 hour and 38 minutes late but it's cool.) TMC 🏁💙

Excuse any mistakes and enjoy.

Dave's POV

I walked in the kitchen rubbing my eyes since I just woke up. "Boo." I called out to Faith.

"Oh I'm sorry baby. Did I wake you?" She asked looking up at me with a big ass plate of food. I know exactly why.

"Nah. I got thirsty." I walked to the fridge to grab a water bottle. She stayed silent and continued eating. "You nervous?"

"No. Why would I be?" I pointed to her plate. "I'm just a little hungry." She laughed off.

"You tend to eat larger portions than normal when you're nervous. I told you girl. I know you." I sat beside her at the island.

She put her fork down and sighed. "I am. I feel like this will go smoothly but something is telling me that there's going to some crap. I- we shouldn't even be going through this right now." She covered her face.

I wrapped my arm around her pulling her body into mine. "Everything is going to be okay. The kids will be coming back home and that'll be it for that situation. I'm sorry that she's doing all of this. I wish it wouldn't have come to this but it did and I apologize."

"It's not your fault that your mother has some loose screws. They don't even have everything they need there Dave. I'm sure Lena's eczema is acting up now."

Lena has a mild case of eczema and has a special prescription cream for her because she's sensitive to the generic stuff. All of that is here at the house since Faith keeps it because she's the one that rubs it on her at night before she goes to bed.

She continued with her rant and I listened. "The twins sleep with a humidifier because of Lena's skin and also because their noses get dry during the night. Imani had a whole allergic reaction under their care. She's sleeping soundly so I know she hasn't been sleeping too good since she left. They need their parents."

"True but they really need you. You are super mom and you do more for them than they can even imagine. I, personally, don't say this enough but I appreciate you Faith. You left your job to become a full time mom and wife. You hold down everything in the house and do a damn good job. You were my rock when I was in jail and I can't thank you enough and for that I'll love you beyond this life."

I kissed her hand. Her cheeks started to get brighter as she looked down. "I love you too." She kissed my cheek.

"Excuse me?" I scrunched my eyebrows together. She laughed and planted a nice one on my lips. "Let's put this food up so we can get some sleep. We only got a few hours before we have to leave." I got up and grabbed her plate.

We put everything away and went back upstairs to get some sleep before having to get up for the rest of the day.

———————

I helped Faith wash up after I gave her some morning wood. Hey. My lady was stressed and tense so I relaxed her.

"You always wear me out." She tiredly laughed.

"Yeah my bad. I probably shouldn't have went so hard."

"Probably not." She kissed my neck and stepped out of the shower. "I'm going to go and get Mani situated." She walked out closing the door behind her.

The kids don't go to the hearing but Imani is up right now and Kairi isn't so we have to get her situated then we'll leave her here with her sister.