Chapter 13: Rescue Mission

A/N: 2K READS? I never imagined this! Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I managed to wriggle myself free from the ropes that tied my wrists together. Now I was ready.

"Y/N!" I heard Skye and Tina say my name simultaneously, I turned round to see them come running through the doors to the room I was in, they immediately started shooting at any enemy they seen. Then there was Brutus, he pulled out his gun and shot Skye in the arm.
"Skye!" I rushed over to Skye, concerned for her. "You're loosing blood!" I said, reaching for a bandage. Skye was clutching her arm in pain.
"Y/N, don't worry about me! I'll be fine!" Skye dismissed the fact that she almost had her arm blown off.

"Tina! Keep Brutus distracted while I help Skye!" I shouted across the room to Tina, who was in a close range fight with Brutus.
"Ok Y/N!" Tina responded, keeping her eyes on the target. I helped Skye to cover and bandaged her arm.
"You okay?" I asked Skye after wrapping her arm with a bandage.
"Yeah I'm good, thanks Y/N." Skye thanked me.

I came back through to where Tina was and she was still fighting Brutus, so I decided to help her. I grabbed a pistol nearby and aimed it at Brutus' head. Pew. And with that, Brutus was now lifeless on the ground, well that was quite easy.
"Good job, Y/N." Tina complimented me, I gave her a smile in response.
"Guys, I laid C4 all around the base and this place is gonna blow any second now. We need to get out of here." Skye said, panting for breath.
"Alright, Midas and the rest of the gang are waiting in the helicopter outside." Tina told me. I chuckled at how she said Midas and the gang. Anyways, back to the mission.
"Follow me guys!" Skye was the only one who knew her way around this place. We all ran together through the long corridors, thankfully we didn't get stopped by a Shadow agent or something. I started to hear the sound of the helicopter get gradually louder, meaning that we were closer to escaping this place.

Finally I could see the light of the outdoors, I could see the helicopter and Midas. That was when I realised how worried I was about him, how much I missed him. Although I was only captured for a day or two, I was so worried about what happened back at The Agency.

Midas' expression suddenly changed to relieved as he seen me coming out with Skye and Tina.

He held out his hand for me to pull myself up, I happily grabbed it and he quickly pulled me into his chest, I happily wrapped my arms around him.
"I was so worried Y/N, I'm just happy you're alive." Midas' said, keeping his arms around my waist. The sound of explosions went off as we lifted off the ground, which I'm guessing was The Grotto going up in flames. I felt somewhat safe in Midas' arms, I enjoyed moments with him like that.
"I was worried too, Midas." I said into his chest, keeping my arms wrapped tightly around him. Of course, the moment had to be ruined by Maya, out of the corner of my eye, I seen her face which was beetroot red with anger. But I tried to ignore it, I wanted to enjoy this moment, knowing that I'm now safe with my friends, and Midas.

Midas lightly brushed my hair with his fingertips, which made my heart squeal. I could tell that Skye and Tina were now intensely shipping us, but I didn't care.

Me and Midas finally both sat down, I sat next to Tina and Skye and Midas sat next to Maya. Obviously, Tina and Skye were explaining why we would be such a good couple, and they were asking why we weren't a couple already. The truth is, I didn't know, I mean Midas cares for me and all but I don't know if he loves me. I may or may not have a slight crush on him, I probably do but for some reason I deny it. Probably because he's literally my boss.

Anyways, I was keeping my eye on Maya, in case, y'know, she tried to do anything. Since Maya was sitting next to Midas, Maya took this as an opportunity to try and hold Midas' hand. She slowly moved her hand onto his lap, reaching for his hand. Thankfully, Midas noticed this and casually moved his hands away from Maya. But now he was was moving his hand towards my hand.

At this point, his fingertips were moving onto my hand. I gladly moved my fingers so that I was now holding his hand. Me and Midas just looked at eachother, he looked almost surprised, I gave him a warm smile. Maya's expression was absolutely priceless. My heart was now content, knowing that I was going back home and everything was good.