Chapter 12: Kidnapped

"So you got the girl? Huh?" I heard words coming from outside my door, although I didn't recognise the voices. I groaned and rubbed my eyes as I tried to sit up, however I felt myself held back by something. Ropes. I was definitely not at The Agency, the room I was in was completely dark, no windows or anything. I suddenly remembered the battle earlier, I looked down at my stomach to check if I was bleeding out or something. Thankfully, my wound was bandaged, but who would bother to do this? If it was a Shadow why didn't they just kill me? Oh well, at least I was alive. As I thought about my current situation, the realisation dawned on me, I was kidnapped and was now held captive at The Grotto, AKA the Shadow base. 

Luckily, I had a knife tucked in my skirt, so I was able to get the knife and cut myself free. Cool, now time to try and find a way out of this place. I found my way to the door and attempted to turn the door knob.

Of course, it's locked. Great. I heard someone coming towards the door and unlocking it, I got my stance ready with my fist and my knife. The door opened, I light started spilling into the room.
"Right, follow me." A Shadow agent said, he sounded like he really didn't want to be here. He couldn't even take a look at me before I knocked him out with my fist. The sound of mumbling came from behind the corner at the end of the corridor, it sounded like there were lots of Shadows rushing towards me.

"Hostage has escaped. I repeat, hostage has escaped." Someone was reporting me as escaped through a walkie talkie.

A group of Shadow agents came matching down the corridor, I was still only at the door of my room and the group were already only a few metres away from me, I was cornered.
"Alright, let's make this easy, get back in the room and we'll deal with you later." One of the agents said. I was determined to get out of here, and no way was I going to obey their rules.
"Nah, I don't think I will." I crossed my arms, although I was still on high alert. I curled my fists, ready to defend myself.

Immediately one of the agents grabbed my wrists and tried tying them together again with rope, however, I was quicker. I turned round swiftly and punched him in the guts, leaving him on the floor, clutching his stomach.
"Get her." One of the agents instructed. Instantly, everyone began tugging at my wrists, trying to get me back inside my room.
"Uh, boss, we are having some technical difficulties here with the hostage." One of the Shadows spoke into his walkie talkie.

I elbowed, punched and kicked everyone in my way. It wasn't too hard, I was actually quite surprised at how weak everybody was.

After maybe about 5 minutes of knocking everybody out, I was finally able to make my way down the corridor with ease. The trouble was, I didn't know where I was going. I had never been in here before, so it was a struggle to find my way around the place.

As I was walking down the corridors I thought about the battle previously. I suddenly became extremely worried. What if everybody was dead? I wanted to collapse on the floor as I pictured everybody at The Agency on the ground. Dead. Especially Midas, he was the person I was most worried about. I took deep breaths, trying not to think of that, I kept telling myself that everybody will probably be fine.

"Hey. Get over here." I stopped in my tracks and turned around to recognise the Shadow boss, Brutus. Absolutely fantastic.
"Hmm, I don't think so." I tilted my head at him.
"Look Y/N, don't make this hard. Face the truth, your little friends are dead and aren't coming to get you. There's nothing you can do." Brutus said coldly. His words made tears threaten to fall out my eyes, but I'm not gonna let him think that I'm just a powerless, sensitive little girl. I wanted to say something but I couldn't talk, if I did talk I would've probably broke down in tears.

But I had a feeling my friends weren't dead, they couldn't be. Suddenly Shadow agents came up behind me, they tied my wrists and started to drag me back to my room. I wanted to fight but I didn't have any motivation.

Brutus got a message from his walkie talkie.
"Huh? They're coming? I thought they were dead!" Brutus began frantically pacing back and forth.
"Boss? There are helicopters outside, and they certainly aren't ours." A Shadow agent came in and said to Brutus. A smile spread across my face as I realised who was here.