Chapter 6: The Balcony

It was now early evening, the sun was beginning to set. Me, Skye and Tina had watched at least 3 movies, we also ate an alarming amount of popcorn. We were all huddled together on the couch, but it was actually quite comfortable. I heard the door knob of the break room door turn. "Girls?" Midas had entered the room. For a second we all just stared at eachother, Tina was slowly putting pieces of popcorn in her mouth. Midas tried to say something but nothing came out. Well this was a little awkward. "Maybe it's time for you all to go to bed, we have work tomorrow." Midas broke the awkward silence. We all agreed but instead of heading to my room I decided to go see if I could find anything interesting. I don't know if I was supposed to be wandering around my workplace on my own but I didn't really care, I was curious.

After making my way up some staircases, I found a really nice balcony with a beautiful view. The sun was settled on the ocean, some of the light from the sun illuminated the water. It was unexplainably beautiful. I was interrupted from my moment with the sound of footsteps, they kept getting louder and louder. I didn't look back to see who it was, until I realised it was Midas. "Love, what are you doing out here?" He came up behind me. "So you've made up another nickname for me? Huh?" I was now even more annoyed with him now. I really wanted to tell him to stop, but I knew what his answer would be. "Well, you don't expect me to keep calling you darling." "I guess not." I didn't even bother to make eye contact with him. I kept my head propped up with my hand, leaning on the balcony. He gently placed his hand on my jawline and turned my face towards him, I had no choice but to look into his eyes. It seemed like his eyes sparkled like gold. I don't wanna admit it but, I felt my heart flutter when I looked into his eyes. This went on for a good 10 seconds, he hummed inquisitively.

No, I can't be falling in love with this guy. I quickly jerked my head away from his grip and back to the view. "What was that for darling?" He chuckled. "I think that's self explanatory." I tried to leave the situation. "You're so cute when you're angry, you know that love?" He laughed. I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to be known as a little girl or something, I wanted to be taken seriously. That's certainly not happening with this guy. I kept my eyes focused on the view, trying to give him the hint that I wanted him to leave. Instead he turned to watch the view with me, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest. My eyes widened with surprise, I silently screamed with either happiness or fear, or a combination of both. I felt a really intense heat rush through my body, I could tell I was blushing.

For some reason, I felt comfortable in Midas' presence, I didn't really mind when he pulled me closer. I smiled as we both watched the view together, I felt protected, happy.

We watched the sunset together until the sun was no longer visible. Midas broke the silence. "Now darling, I think you should go get some rest, since tomorrow is your first work day." He said, quietly enough to not startle me. "Okay." I smiled at him. We pulled apart and as I started heading to my room, he waved goodbye, smiling.

I entered my large room with the happiest grin on my face. I flopped on my bed thinking of the events that just happened, I never realised how tired I was. I slowly drifted off to sleep, not bothering to get changed.