Chapter -70 {Metamorphosis}

Start from the beginning

___________

"Would you care to explain what are we doing in this market?" Jas asked Manik who had taken him to an uncalled for shopping quest that morning.

"We are shopping, of course," Manik answered and Jas rolled his eyes.

"I am sure they don't sell weapons here," Jas quipped only to earn a glare from Manik.

Manik didn't reply but his eyes kept searching the tight mart. He was looking for someone.

Jas picked up a kitchen knife and was definitely fascinated by its fierce edge. Manik put it down and dragged him further.

"Don't touch anything," He warned Jas and again started to look around.

"If you tell me what are you looking for, I would probably not walk around like a fool," Jas said under his breath.

"People are already staring at us with suspicious," He warned and added, "Look at that lady, I am sure she thinks of us as thieves."

Manik shook his head ignoring Jas's blabbering.

"Go ask that man where can we find the homing pigeons," Manik said to Jas.

"Come on, don't tell me we have been wandering for finding pigeons?" Jas almost yelled and a few eyes caught them instantly.

Manik dragged him in an aloof alley in no time.

"Bringing you along wasn't a bright idea I knew. Keep your mouth shut before you get us both killed," Manik yelled at him.

As they turned around to leave, they saw few shadows enclosing them.

________________________

Nandini and Veer were walking in the garden discussing some urgent matter when Aashi walked to them. Panic was written all over her face. Truth to be told, Nandini was a bit concerned for her these days because the girl had been too anxious over small matters.

"Excuse me?" She tried to be civil but her patience wore off.

"Nandini, Manik and Jas are nowhere to be found. They have been gone for hours. He asked me not to come to you but I am getting worried now," She blurted in one breath.

"Wait, What?" Nandini couldn't gather the pearls in the string.

"Where have they gone and why?" Her voice had disturbance and worry.

"I don't know where they have gone. He was going alone so I begged him to take Jas along," Aashi said nervously.

"I thought he was going to meet Aabid Bhai today," Nandini was perplexed. She didn't understand why would Manik not tell her the truth.

"Calm down, both of you," Veer interrupted.

"There is absolutely no need to be worried. We don't have any kind of peril here. They must be around and would be back by nightfall," He added genuinely.

"No, Veer. Manik would have told me if it wasn't something perilous," Nandini said gravely.

"It's all my fault," Aashi said and Nandini pursed her lips.

"Stop blaming yourself for everything, Aashi," She was stern in her words. She couldn't be caressing Aashi's insecurities any more.

"None of this is your fault and there's nothing to blame anyway," She said firmly.

"I will send my men right away," Veer assured and Nandini nodded.

She saw Veer disappearing in the grey of evening while she held Aashi's hand to lead her to home.