Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

Start from the beginning

"You WILL not hurt anyone else!" Ky growled at him. The Dark Thorn then had more strength its paw and swung again, hitting Ky on the side and sending him flying in pain. The bluenette fell to the ground, and groaned as he laid on his side.

"Don't do this, Ky!" Nora shouted to him.

"There's no point in continuing!" Ren called out.

Ignoring his friends' pleas, Ky stood back up and he charged at the Dark Thorn full pelt, his blades in hand. He made rapid strikes at the Daemon, who repelled them easily, and knocked Ky back again. Ky flipped himself up, changed his blades into their Sharpshooters modes and fired any ammunition he had left. The Dark Thorn raised its left paw to block the bullets and attempted to downward slash Ky. Seeing this, the bluenette dodge rolled out of the way, just as the huge claws slammed into his previous position.

Quickly hopping back up to his feet, Ky charged at the Dark Thorn and slashed it across the chest. The attacks took the beast by surprise, and it was knocked back several inches.

At that moment the two entered a clash of blades and claws. The others could only watch, horrified as Ky struggled to fight against the Dark Thorn. He didn't any Aura left to protect him, and now he was being tossed around continuously from the Daemon's strikes.

"That's enough, Ky!" Pyrrha shouted, "Stop it! You've done enough!"

Ky wasn't listening. He got to his feet again, and charged once more at the Dark Thorn, but once again, a swing of a claw, knocked Ky into the air, before it started slashing away at the airborn teen rapidly.

"GAAAAAH!" Ky yelled out, as he felt the claws slashing over his body, opening abrasions.

"Ky!" Ruby cried as she watched her boyfriend being slashed repeatedly, the splattering of blood continued to increase with each swing while the rest of both teams watched in horror, their eyes filled with tears. "Stop it..leave him alone!"

After slashing Ky one last time, the Dark Thorn punched him while he was still in midair, sending him crashing into some nearby debris, sending rubble and dust everywhere.

"KY!" Everyone shouted, looking on in shock.

"No!" Aptus yelled as he tried to climb to his feet.

Once the dust settled Ky was seen collapsed on the ground, damaged severely, covered from head to foot in cuts and bruises. Uneven breathing came out of his torn lips as blood spilled from some unseen wound above his hairline, running down his face then dripping from his chin and he barely seemed conscious.

Yet somehow, he painfully climbed to his feet again, heaving huge gulps of air, setting his sights on the growling Dark Thorn.

"Ky, just stop! Please!" Nora yelled.

"You can't do anything against it without your Aura!" Pyrhha told him.

"You're completely drained like us." Blake agreed.

"Y-You'll be...*gasp*... torn apart." Weiss croaked out, having only just regained the ability to speak. She attempted to get back to her feet but failed to summon the strength to do so, crumpling back to the ground.

Ky looked down, realizing his situation, hearing his friends' words, but still, he looked up at the large Daemon, clenching his fists tightly. Everyone else was shocked to why he was continuing.

"We're Huntsmen and Huntresses, damnit!" Ky declared, taking everyone back. "This is what we trained for! We fight to the last one standing. Who cares if I'm out of Aura!? It doesn't define me!" His eyes narrowed. "...The Kings of Lucis or the Kingsglaive never fleed from their foes...As long as I'm alive, I refuse to let any other friend or family die! I would rather give up my own life than to let that happen."