Chapter 15 - Mountain Glenn

Yo guys! It's Stormy here. And welcome back to another episode of RWBYK: Tale of the True King! We are getting extremely close to the finale and I can't wait for you guys to see what I've got in store! With that, on to the story!!!

XXXXXXXX

[Beacon Academy Landing Docks]

James Ironwood looked out from the landing docks to the city of Vale at night, a few airships hovering over the lit-up buildings.

"Trouble sleeping?" Glynda called out, walking up from behind Ironwood.

"Arm was acting up." Ironwood stated, gripping his left arm with his right hand.

"Of course, so logically, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance." Glynda stated, sarcasm present in her voice. "What's wrong?"

"I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark." Ironwood replied.

"Don't be ridiculous! You know very well that we are not the ones in the dark." Glynda said, causing Ironwood to laugh humorously.

"That makes it worse! I refuse to believe that a man that I've trusted for so long would act so... passively." Ironwood said.

"You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is best for the people, even against strong protest. It's admirable." Glynda stated, putting a reassuring hand on her friend's shoulder. "But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it. Ozpin has experience that the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering."

XXXXXXXX

[Mountain Glenn]

The full moon is shining over the ruined buildings of Mountain Glenn, and a lone Beowolf is searching through the rubble. It looks up briefly at the young girl who has it in her red crosshair scope, but Ruby Rose just lowers Crescent Rose and sighs in tiredness at she keeps lookout over the destruction.

Ky, Aptus, and the rest of Team RWBYK were still lying down on their sleeping mats around the fire with their weapons nearby, and Doctor Oobleck was higher up, slumped down against the wall next to the hole in the ceiling/floor. Ky was still sleeping peacefully, one arm behind his head and the other on his chest.

Eventually, Yang was the one who broke the silence that until that point was only disturbed by the camp fire that the team was gathered around. "Hey Blake, are you awake?" Yang quietly asked.

"...Yeah," Blake admitted, not wanting to even bother pretending she had been asleep.

"Why do you think Doctor Oobleck asked us about being a huntress," Yang asked. "Like, what was he trying to say?"

"I don't know. Maybe he was just curious," Blake offered.

"You think?"

"...No."

Yang sighed in response to that hesitant answer, glad that at the very least, she had confirmed she was not the only one who thought that Oobleck was aiming for something deeper when he had questioned them on that. Still, she had to check if that was the case for all of them, and looked over to her fox friend. "What about you, Aptus?"