Chapter 9 - Reveals in the Heart

Hey Everyoooooone! It's Z-storm40 here. And welcome back to another chapter of RWBYK: Tale Of The True King! I would like to give my gratitude to all the people who read and commented on the story so far and the last chapter. You guys are the best! So anyway, let's get started.

XXXXXXXXX

Aptus, Ruby and the other girls of RWBYK were currently waiting patiently outside Ky's room. Well, Blake and Weiss were waiting patiently. Ruby and Yang were both nervous, anxious, and scared; showing visible signs of all three emotions. Ruby was constantly playing with her fingers, flipping her hood up and down, and internally screaming at how painful this waiting is. Aptus continuously taps his foot on the ground and his finger on his sleeve.

The moment they got back to Beacon, Ky was rushed to the infirmary. He was barely breathing the entire time, but none of them believed he was on death's door despite the evidence. They couldn't grasp it, accept it. Now they had to watch their friend/teammate's unconscious body, cuts and burns all over, blood drying up on his skin and clothes. It's a difficult sight to see for anyone. Even the students who merely caught a glance as him, was hastily taken away to the medical wing. Thus he was there now, being looked over by a doctor.

Soon more people joined the group as team JNPR approach the them, all with worried faces. The students all hustle together, while Jaune moves beside Ruby.

"Guys! We came as soon as we heard." He told them.

"How's he doing?" Pyrrha asked, her voice full of worry.

"We're not sure yet," Blake blandly responds. "They should be done with his analysis soon. Though we can't say for sure."

"What exactly happened?" Ren asked. "We were only told you and Ky were on your way to a place called 'Esuna Town', and then you were attacked."

"Esuna Town?" Nora repeated, scratching her head. "I've never heard of that place before."

Jaune rubbed his chin. "Me neither. Is it like a unknown town or something?"

"You could say that."

Everyone turned to look at Aptus as he now leaned against the wall. "....It was Ky lived with his parents...and where we became best friends."

This caught everyone's attention, except Ruby who already knew the story.

"Really?" Yang said, looking confused. "But wait, I thought Ky lived in a place called...'Twilight Town', was it?"

"Since you guys are close friends to Ky, I see no problem telling you." Aptus told them, before turning his attention to Ruby. "Ruby, did he already tell you?"

Knowing what the fox Faunus was refering to, the scythe user nodded. "Y-Yeah. He told me about it several months ago." She replied.

"I see." Aptus said, a small smile graced his lips. 'He really has got it bad for her.'

"What are you guys talking about?" Weiss asked as she looked back and forth between the duo. "What has he told you?"