Chapter 33

"Yeah , and I want the flowers on the far left corner and the balloons upfront please " I said directing everything to where I wanted it for Elliott's name giving ball tonight. It was kind of a big deal , not only were we introducing our son -their future ruler - and presenting his name , but this was the start of well , everything leading up to his 25th birthday. Derek and I decided that even though all rules were lifted that , some traditions  were meant to stay. On a cold rainy night he stole me , and a few months later he stole my heart and I love him more than I even thought I would. So we've decided that the tradition of 'stealing a wife' was one we were going to keep. It meant a lot to us and someday- hopefully-  it will to him too.

"How's everything going ?" Derek said , appearing behind me.

"Pretty good. Everything is pretty much done , I just have some last minute touches left to do. "

"Well , you can pass that off to someone else cause the ball is less than an hour away and you still have to get ready my love." He said while I blew out a sigh.

"Really ? It's already time ? I didn't realize . I had so much I still had to do. Not even to mention the cak-" I said while he cut my rambling off with a kiss.

"And I'm sure my sister will be more than happy to take that over. She's already finished and besides, this gives her an opportunity to take the lead too. So come on." He said directing me to the stairs.

After a bunch of ladies maids scurried around me trying to get me ready in time , I blew out a breath of relief when the clock hit 8pm and I was all done.

"You look beautiful as always." Derek said, placing a kiss to my cheek as I picked - a well dressed - Elliott up from his crib.

"And you look very handsome. " I said while we linked arms walking to the balcony overseeing everyone downstairs. The ballroom was packed with all the towns people , a lot of the ladies reunited with their loves. They looked so happy , and I couldn't wait to introduce Elliott to the world.

"Thank you all for gathering here tonight. It not only means a lot to the queen and I , but it's a monumental time for your future ruler and heir to the throne." Derek said while everyone clapped their hands and cheered while I held onto Derek tighter .

"It is with great honor that we introduce to you the future of Ardendale  our son , Prince Elliott George. " Derek said proud as the crowd broke out into whistles and cheering once again as I couldn't help but smile. They all loved him already and that's all a mother could ever ask for...

After the cheering died down , everyone started dancing and mingling while Derek and I descended down to the ballroom as well , getting greetings from a bunch of women who couldn't wait to see Elliott. Derek of course insisted to stay present at our side , too afraid someone would take him and put the future of the kingdom in jeopardy. Though I didn't mind having him by my side either.

"Penny !" I said walking over to her.
"My , you look as beautiful as ever. " I complemented her while she took a courteous bow in her silk red dress.

"Why , thank you." She said blushing. "It seems to me everything went quite smoothly tonight. "

"It did. All thanks to you. Without your help , I'd still be running around like a headless chicken." I said laughing while she did the same, though I could tell her head was else where.

"You know ," I said handing Elliott off to Derek and linking arms with  Penny "Now that the rules are lifted,  there is a lot of eligible men that are willing to fall at your feet." I said walking through the crowd seeing her glance at the men we passed.

"I don't know Elena , doesn't legend say that all of the men are related to my family?" She said in disgust as I tried to hold in my laugh.

"Then I guess no one told you the full story. The ones you knew in the castle were of  the royal bloodline. But the ones no one knew about, were kept in the dungeons for decades. None blood related to you. The older ones have died , but the ones who were taken after they were born, are now about your age if my memory serves me right. " I said with a smirk.

"Are you sure about this ?" She said nervously.

"Of course I am. Infact, that one over there couldn't keep his eyes off of you." I said while she turned around. "And lucky for you , I know his sister. " I said while I practically had to drag her over there.

"Queen Elena." He said bowing while I gave him a kind smile.

"Say , how's your sister Ruby?" I said catching him off guard.

"You know my sister ?"

"Of course. Ruby and I worked together . So tell me , I have yet to have the pleasure to meet you. " I said while I could feel Penny tense beside me.

"My apologises my queen, Sebastian Witherspoon at your service " he said bowing again.

"Well  Sebastian, may I introduce you to my sister in law , Penelope Lauder , Duchess of Ardendale "

"It's an honour." He said bowing to her aswell while she stretched her hand out while he placed a kiss to it making her giggle.

"Will you excuse me." I said with a smirk, leaving them alone while I made my way back to Derek.

"What's all that about ?" He said handing a sleeping Elliott back to me.

"Let's just say , we may have another royal wedding on the way." I said with a smile while I could see Derek getting ready to go all over protective , big brother on Sebastian.
"Oh calm down. I know his sister , you've got nothing to worry about." I said before we walked back upstairs , forgetting about the noise and the party down stairs and just getting lost in eachother's company.

That's it ! I don't know if I'll go in detail with Penny and Sebs relationship ,maybe here and there. But thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time keep howling my wolves ❤🐺